• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Alternatives...

fahim mohammed

Can't eat this..no problem; one can smell.

Can't taste this..no problem; one can feel.

Restricted diets ( for me ) shall not deny me the pleasure of the sight, smell and texture of herbs and spices..

p256793489-5.jpg

Herbs and spices is just one aspect of life.

fahim mohammed

It is raining very hard currently here. Lightning, thunder, lashes of rain...

In the morn, I took my Fuji and sat in a chair in my small garden. Took some pics. Here is one of them..

p318545044-5.jpg

What was that song..rainy days and something won't get me down..:)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It is raining very hard currently here. Lightning, thunder, lashes of rain...

In the morn, I took my Fuji and sat in a chair in my small garden. Took some pics. Here is one of them..

p318545044-5.jpg

What was that song..rainy days and something won't get me down..:)

It's hard to imagine raining in the desert! Well, that's climate change!

Fahim,

I'm glad you are at least near a garden! I was so amazed by the sheer number and varieties of spices when I visited the markets in any town in turkey. Here in the West, we're impoverished in the flavoring of foods and so folk smother everything with salt, fat or ketchup!

Take it slow and enjoy everything within range!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Can't eat this..no problem; one can smell.

Can't taste this..no problem; one can feel.

Restricted diets ( for me ) shall not deny me the pleasure of the sight, smell and texture of herbs and spices..

p256793489-5.jpg

Herbs and spices is just one aspect of life.

But so important!
Thank you for this reminder. Une image magnifique !

fahim mohammed

It's hard to imagine raining in the desert! Well, that's climate change!

Fahim,

I'm glad you are at least near a garden! I was so amazed by the sheer number and varieties of spices when I visited the markets in any town in turkey. Here in the West, we're impoverished in the flavoring of foods and so folk smother everything with salt, fat or ketchup!

Take it slow and enjoy everything within range!

Asher

Thanks Asher. Shall heed the doctor's advice :)

Best regards.

fahim mohammed

I saw the hat. Remembered a man with a hat and a whip..in search of the lost ark.

Well I looked at Ayesha's hat and smiled. We have also searched a lot...with this hat in tow. Mr. Ford was searching for the past.

We were searching for the future..Shangri-La.

We missed it; maybe. Maybe because we were looking to hard. Too far!!

p223918623-5.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cem,

Hi Asher,

Despite the common misconception, it even rains in the desert albeit less often. Sometimes even violently. So no, not really a climate change issue. ;)

Indeed.

In fact, we had rain at World Headquarters (Chihuahuan Desert) just about three weeks ago.

And, while we have been here in North Texas (visiting family), there were minor haboobs (a type of sandstorm), both brown and white, back at World Headquarters.

Best regards,

Doug

Tom dinning

Registrant*
There must be something in there you can eat, Fahim. Can I send you a package? Good Aussie fair. Meat pie with sauce, some beer and a lamington. That should unclog the arteries.

fahim mohammed

Tom, I have read your post here and in the other thread of mine. Multiple times.

What and how to respond to Tom.

In the end..thank you Tom. Sincerely.

p.s. maybe it skipped your mind, but unconscious folk cannot hear what you say!! :)