• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Photography Exhibitions Page

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We now have a special page up front, devoted to Photography Exhibitions of OPF members and also of Artists I am interviewing.

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/expo.php

We all need or needed support at some time. Visiting a gallery, even without a purchase, still helps the artist in saying, "I stopped what I was doing to greet you and to see what you do and what your work is about."

Please let me know of any upcoming exhibitions, any URL and a link to your website and the Gallery showing your work. Be sure to give the dates and full contact information so we can visit if we are in the neighborhood! We need to see pictures of the show. If I'm nearby, for sure I'll visit!

I'm travelling to NY, London, Paris, Bordeaux, Prague, Belgrade, Dubrovnic and Budapest. Let me know ASAP if you have an exhibition in June or July 2006 or if you want show off your prints or share with me a favorite shooting spot or just a good cup of tea!

There is no promise to publish anything, but we'll have a good try to publish quite a few!

Asher

Asher Kelman

As you might have summized, I feelc that OPF should fill the gap in websites by presenting some of the exhibitions of OPF meembers as well as a selections of compelling work from artists around the wprld.

We're now in Prague. It is packed with tourists but so wonderful to visit. The buildings are from the 11th to 18th century mostly and of course the architecture provides a glimpse to the glorious and past of poweful kings and champions of early Christianity with impressive Cathedrals and iconography.

We're packing in as many visits to photo exhibitions as possible and being tourists. So my posting is sparse. Also there is a delay in posting of articles.

All this will be handsomely corrected when I return in the last week of July.

I can promise some excellent and challenging examples of modern photography. There was a glitch in saving some articles I sent in and I will repost them shortly.

On a separate subject, this trip allowed me to give my new 5D a workout. From my own use, I can say that anon 5D with the 24-105mm 4.0 L IS is a wonderful combination. Everything from landscapes, a wedding, portaits and surreptitious street photography works well with few shortcomings. I miss the speed and fast focus of the 1DII but my arms thank me for the decreased weight!

So I'm looking forward to sharing all my impressions with you in the last week in July.

Thanks for your patience and continued support of OPF!

Asher

Last edited:

Jan Luursema

Hi Asher,

Looks like you're having fun! Too bad you won't be in The Netherlands.

First of all thank you for mentioning my (modest) exhibition.
The Usva (student cultural centre) will definitely be closed in July. Too bad, but that's the way it is.
Also, in August the opening times will be a little different. From 1-17 August the Usva will only be open in the afternoon, 12 AM - 5 PM. After that, the last week of the exhibition, it will be open from 9 AM - 11 PM again.
Also, you might want to mention my website or email adress, in case people want to contact me for a tour!

Asher Kelman

Jan Luursema said:
Hi Asher,

Looks like you're having fun! Too bad you won't be in The Netherlands.

First of all thank you for mentioning my (modest) exhibition.
The Usva (student cultural centre) will definitely be closed in July. Too bad, but that's the way it is.
Also, in August the opening times will be a little different. From 1-17 August the Usva will only be open in the afternoon, 12 AM - 5 PM. After that, the last week of the exhibition, it will be open from 9 AM - 11 PM again.
Also, you might want to mention my website or email adress, in case people want to contact me for a tour!

Jan,

Your work deserves some attention. It is the intention to highlight selections from the work of OPF. I try to go through websites in between processing files. I bookmark sites that have special interest for me. I'm trying to learn the pulse of todays photography as opposed to just lenses amd sensors, which we deal with separately.

Please PM Nicolas Claris with the changes you wish.

We'll try tomake Holland on our next trip!

Asher