• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Ski tucson!

Does that sound as strange to you as it did to me? Well today I discovered it is not strange at all but a reality. Only about an hour away, from the normal 2500' Tucson elevation and 107 degree temperature, I found Ski Valley on top of Mt Lemmon, elevation over 9000' and the temp was a nice and comfortable 71 degrees. One of the lifts was running, taking people to the top of the mountain and back down again. Honestly, for a minute there, it was almost like being in Colorado again. The area is beautiful pine and fur forests and the view looking down on the valley was really wonderful. Of course I was shooting in bright, high noon sunlight but that is ok. These are just some snaps to give an idea of what I saw today. I plan on doing a lot more up in this area, especially given the nice and cool temperatures. It will be a good escape from the sweltering desert heat. Please excuse the number of snaps...it is just to share my experience, nothing more.
James Newman

The peak that is to the left of my truck cab is Mt Lemmon, my destination for the day.
_DSC8509.jpg

This was at one of the many roadside overlook areas as I made my way to the top of Mt Lemmon. You can see some real rock climbers at the upper left and some daring young tourists at bottom right. I stayed with my truck.
_DSC8547.jpg

This is one of the two ski lifts at Ski Valley. It was running and for a price, taking people to the summit. Again, I stayed with the truck.
_DSC8554.jpg

This is just a quick 4 image stitch of the area that is directly behind the ski area. There is a nice little restaurant here that overlooks this view.
Untitled_Panorama1-1.jpg