• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bruce Fraser's Passing

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We did know how ill Bruce Fraser was. We learned that his time was short.

Still, Bruce's passing is such sad event. It's a tragedy for someone to be stricken so young, but a terrible hurt for his dear family. We just hope the love of everyone around will being some measure of comfort. Those who could really call him a friend have lost someone so special.

However, Bruce was and through his writings, lectures and books, still is a formidable resource to photographers all over the world. Not only did his teaching of color management in photography earn him respect, it also helped shape the industry of digital photography, as he has been one of the trusted stalwarts in this dawn of the digital age.

Bruce's teaching on Camera RAW, CS2, color management and more were always valued highlights of seminars and workshops. Many of us have directly or indirectly benefited from his work and sharing.

On behalf of everyone involved with OPF, everyone of of us, we hope solace will come to Bruce's family in the thoughts of the valuable legacy Bruce has left behind for those who would put a mirror to the world or express their feelings in a photograph.

Every time a photographer, inspired or else guided by his work, creates, Bruce's passion will be once again validated. We hope that this knowledge might act as another source of pride and strength to those Bruce loved who are left behind.

Asher

Last edited:

Henry Goh

This is indeed very sad news. I do not know Bruce personally but have great respect for his work.

A big loss for us all.

Henry Goh

Diane Fields

Ken Tanaka said:
Mike Johnston reports, on his "The Online Photographer" blog, that Bruce Fraser passed away earlier today. A very sad day for Bruce's family and for all of the friends, direct and indirect, that Bruce had around the world.

I knew of his serious illness and had read that Jeff Schewe would be away due to family circumstances this week. I had a feeling that it might have involved Bruce's illness and/or being close to death. I am so sorry to hear of this. He had a myriad of followers that considered him their PS guru, me among them. I own several of his books or ones where he was co-author, used his techniques and even some software he was involved with. We'll miss him and his thoughtful articles and posts--but know that those that truly knew him will miss him as a friend, peer and family member.

Diane

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
I had communicated with him about PK sharpener and he was an incredibly helpful and kind individual. Very sorry to hear that he has passed away.