• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grand Portage

The full route of a highway named 61 runs from Thunder Bay to New Orleans. It's a blues highway associated with Robert Johnson's supposed 'pact with the devil' for musical success, Bob Dylan's classic album 'Highway 61 Revisited, and other notable blues songs.

From a Canadian perspective, the cities of Fort William and Port Arthur (now merged into Thunder Bay) were points of departure for road-based and lake-based booze smuggling during prohibition years in the USA. The first community on Highway 61 across the USA border is Grand Portage in Minnesota. Here's a view that shows the energy of Lake Superior on a foggy day in Grand Portage.

grand_portage_minnesota_by_rufusthered-dcnmkhy.jpg

Cheers
Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The full route of a highway named 61 runs from Thunder Bay to New Orleans. It's a blues highway associated with Robert Johnson's supposed 'pact with the devil' for musical success, Bob Dylan's classic album 'Highway 61 Revisited, and other notable blues songs.

From a Canadian perspective, the cities of Fort William and Port Arthur (now merged into Thunder Bay) were points of departure for road-based and lake-based booze smuggling during prohibition years in the USA. The first community on Highway 61 across the USA border is Grand Portage in Minnesota. Here's a view that shows the energy of Lake Superior on a foggy day in Grand Portage.

grand_portage_minnesota_by_rufusthered-dcnmkhy.jpg

Cheers
Mike

Very impressive, Mike!

Is the river higher than normal?

Asher

Very impressive, Mike!

Is the river higher than normal?

Asher

Lake Superior has been higher over the past few years than it was a decade or so ago, Asher. In fact, combinations of high water and stormy days in Duluth, Minnesota, threatened the shoreline and nearby houses during the past couple of years. The Lake was fairly still and the scene softened by fog when this photo was taken. The impression of energy comes from shooting gently rippling waves at near to ground level. Cheers, Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Lake Superior has been higher over the past few years than it was a decade or so ago, Asher. In fact, combinations of high water and stormy days in Duluth, Minnesota, threatened the shoreline and nearby houses during the past couple of years. The Lake was fairly still and the scene softened by fog when this photo was taken. The impression of energy comes from shooting gently rippling waves at near to ground level. Cheers, Mike

I love it so much, Mike!

It's organic, pressing and visceral. One cannot, but be absorbed!

I wonder if it might be therapeutic for certain kinds of maladies, but I fear the depressed would give up hope and the manic would you have to leap from rock to rock!

................. I might try to reproduce it I'm my garden. Just needs some rocks and have the police us off from the plebeian masses!

Asher