• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My Book Cover Sold

Charlotte Thompson

I am very pleased to announce the sale of my horror overlay work for author Steen Langstrup/Denmark horror writers new book-

here is my cover art on Langstrup's book

207926_10150163240983190_661823189_6610457_2768178_n.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Bart
Thank you!

Sandrine
Took a lot of work in overlay and understanding horror genre but paid off
thank you-

Fahim

thank you - lot of hard work but in the end all went well!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Charlotte,

I am very pleased to announce the sale of my horror overlay work for author Steen Langstrup/Denmark horror writers new book-

That's great news - congratulations.

I have to say that some of your photo work I have seen here - not in recent posting but a while ago - struck me as a little "scary" at the time. Glad to see there's an actual commercial market for your special insights.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

here is my cover art on Langstrup's book

207926_10150163240983190_661823189_6610457_2768178_n.jpg

Charlotte,

What a great payoff for all your efforts! You deserve to be proud of your creation! What about the back, does it wrap around? "Flies Whispers" or is it "Flies Whisper"? In any case, you art is indeed evocative of darkness and blood! Tell us how you came to this and it would be great if you might consider sharing the steps in its creation with previous versions.

Good job, we're thrilled for you!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher
many thanks!

it is an unholy way/overlay
so many pictures combined
so much work-

it too me 2 years to understand horror

I really cannot tell how
because when I get finish with all overlay "one might hit" one might not

basic
photos untop of photos

for speciifc genre

basic
overlay photo on photo for specific art genre

I have worked very hard to understand horror
I never read those books
but
I will tell you that I like
Poe
Jeepers Creepers/ and Alien

but that will expand my art to be with other artists
who knew I would become this type of artists
well maybe me and Sister Hubertine-
though your David did try

Charlotte-

Charlotte Thompson

Doug

sorry "mind blimp"
o there is such a market for book covers
but I have a foot in the door -
I have another on the way as well with another female thriller writer-
waiting for her to finish book should be the end of this month
I will not put up the overlay she wants until the deal is done-

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

"Flies Whispers" or is it "Flies Whisper"?
According to my colleague (and ace Canon patent watcher) Hans Jørgensgaard, it translates directly as "Flies' Whisper"; perhaps better English style would be "Whisper of the Files".

The quotation at the top is literally "[A] masterly fly-thrill"; perhaps the intent is, idiomatically, "[A] masterly fly-thriller", but maybe not; perhaps the emphasis is on what the reader receives (thriller is gyser).

(Gys seems to be somewhat parallel, over a range of uses, to the French frisson.)

Best regards,

Doug