• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Looking beyond! A collections of portals!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
As you all know, I am, impressed with the work of Cem Usakligil showing geometric or spatial access from one system to another.

Let's expand this concept and share images that use the portal to look beyond!

_R100020_03.jpg

Asher Kelman: Portals, Unititled #1

2015, Portugal

Ricoh GR From DNG file
in ACR and Nik HDR

Your turn.

Asher

This image was taken several years ago. It's a huge roll of some sort of tubing to be set in in the ground. I saw it on the side of the road and loved the grass in front and the miniature landscape beyond and thought it fit this thread perfectly.

portal.jpg

Asher Kelman

This image was taken several years ago. It's a huge roll of some sort of tubing to be set in in the ground. I saw it on the side of the road and loved the grass in front and the miniature landscape beyond and thought it fit this thread perfectly.

portal.jpg

Brilliant, bold and beautiful and bested mine by far!

..........and I was so proud of my opening move!

Asher

As you all know, I am, impressed with the work of Cem Usakligil showing geometric or spatial access from one system to another.

Let's expand this concept and share images that use the portal to look beyond!

_R100020_03.jpg

Asher Kelman: Portals, Unititled #1

2015, Portugal

Ricoh GR From DNG file
in ACR and Nik HDR

Your turn.

Asher

Asher, this is a great shot and what a fantastic view. So you went to Portugal; did you get to meet Antonio?

Andy brown

Lovely shots all round.
Great series so far and this is OPF, I always find the bar set scarily high but that's a good thing. Daunting but good.

Asher Kelman

Jerome,

So glad you preserved a history of a lifestyle that blossomed and then vanished.....or did it just move on to survive longer elsewhere?

Homo sapiens.......and all creatures, are built to explore the edges and boundaries of their current domain. That allows for penetration of new ecosystems. Any mountain that's crossed provides the next chasm of divide to conquer.

Asher

Jerome Marot

So glad you preserved a history of a lifestyle that blossomed and then vanished.....or did it just move on to survive longer elsewhere?

The people who inhabited these houses moved elsewhere. Some of them are still living in similar settings, other lead a more "mainstream" life. Some are dead. Some moved to warmer climates. Some moved to colder climates.

The ones who disappeared were replaced by younger ones. The places which were torn down were replaces by other places. Life is always starting anew.

You live in Beverly Hills. I am pretty sure that you would find similar settings within driving distance if you wanted to.

7188709911_e74fb54285_b.jpg

Weyba Bridge, #5

Gelatin-silver photograph on Freestyle Private Reserve VC FB photographic paper, image size 19.5cm X 24.5cm, from a 8x10 Efke IR820 negative exposed in a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a 121mm f8 Schneider Super Angulon lens and a IR680 filter. Titled, signed, and stamped verso.

Exposure was 2 minutes at f22 and the negative contains detail from the dark jungle at the front of the bridge all the way out to the boards glowing in the noon-day sunlight.

Antonio Correia

This photograph of mines is a recent one.
I am afraid that it is not as good as I would like it to be but I hope it suits the idea of this thread. I am going to try to find a better one.

Jerome's images are superb. I love them.
I also love the ones by Maris and Michael.
i-g3cCs7R-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

Weyba Bridge, #5

Gelatin-silver photograph on Freestyle Private Reserve VC FB photographic paper, image size 19.5cm X 24.5cm, from a 8x10 Efke IR820 negative exposed in a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a 121mm f8 Schneider Super Angulon lens and a IR680 filter. Titled, signed, and stamped verso.

Exposure was 2 minutes at f22 and the negative contains detail from the dark jungle at the front of the bridge all the way out to the boards glowing in the noon-day sunlight.

Beautiful, Maris and fits perfectly with the theme. Did you need the double extension for this shot and if so why?

Asher

Asher Kelman

This photograph of mines is a recent one.
I am afraid that it is not as good as I would like it to be but I hope it suits the idea of this thread. I am going to try to find a better one.

Jerome's images are superb. I love them.
I also love the ones by Maris and Michael.
i-g3cCs7R-X2.jpg

Antonio,

How could one improve on this! Unless to get the angel Gabriel or Moses in the picture instead, LOL!

Superb!

Asher

Asher Kelman

This one?

Yes, about the same place. I am really, really glad that you remembered it.

This works as we already are looking for yet another portal in a large series. So we have a routine for breaking out meaning from what is shown.

If we can imagine that, then we can imagine beyond it as there shapes just serve as landmarks in an abstraction using "found" materials.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Maris,

Weyba Bridge, #5

Just exquisite in so many ways.

Was the digital image we see here derived from one done by scanning the negative or the print that you describe?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug