• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lowcountry football

Steve Stone

Here's one from my second shoot with a 1DMark2. Only my second outing with the new body so I'm still getting the bugs out of me. I find the Mark2 different handling noise than my 30D but then again I am still learning a new body so it may just be me.

Steve

IG1B4200_copyweb.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Steve,

All the folk who are football fans are likely mesmerized by the games on TV after as Thanksgiving dinner was planned, shopped for, prepared and post-prandial resting too.

In addition a considerable fraction of folk have sons and daughters home and there's enough to play with play station in High Resolution and play the teams they wish with them moves they want and a case of beer between them!

So just me for the while! The IDsII is going to allow you to take the same scene with more pixels and has likely a higher signal to noise ratio too, perhaps. With more pixels, when you down res to print that same scene, the noise will be less.

When you see the higher ISO settings on these cameras, you are looking at different gain settings and in each case you are multiplying the noise as well as the data.

What were the conditions in which you noticed noise was handheld differently and what were the differences. When the light is less and the ISO is increased, the proportion of noise in the final image is increased.

What the camera needs is light!

Asher

Steve Stone

Thanks Asher....it is the 1DMark2 not the "s" model. The shadows is where I notice it. To be honest though I haven't looked at anything printed yet. I need to shoot the same scene with my 2
bodies and see how they compare. The 30D is 5 or so bodies after the Mark2 so I don't know what tweaks they put in there even though they are both Digic2 sensors.

Steve

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Steve,

I have the 1D II an d it's a wonderful camera. Shouldn't give you noise problems if you just use push exposure to the right as far a possible and shoot RAW. You can bracket too. Go 1/2 stop higher!

Asher