• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nascar

Keith Preble

While updating my website, I came across a few pretty good captures from the NASCAR finale at Miami-Homestead Speedway, in November.

I thought I'd share this one for my first post here on OPF.

D2X, Sigma 120-300, f/2.8 @ f/16, 1/320, 300mm, ISO 200.
17_MKP_5115_print_850.jpg

Nill Toulme

That's an excellent shot Keith. I might prefer a slower shutter speed with pan to impart more sense of speed, and I'm slightly bothered by the tilt that suggests the car is going uphill, but otherwise I really like it. The color and detail are really nice.

Nill

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Keith,

It's a nice capture. I agree with Nill about sweeping at a lower shutter speed to blur the background Having already shot the pic, I'd just select that b.g. and blur it cautiously with gaussian and movement blurred versions and then mask out the car to get the clean focuses car to show through.

Asher