• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Whitney High School Volleyball

Gary Ayala

WHS defeats Downey Christian in second round of CIF. Very poor IQ due to 3200 ISO ... typical and crappy HS gym lighting.

552866651_JxyCm-M-3.jpg

552867214_Bv7qu-M-1.jpg

552869919_ABGB5-M-3.jpg

552870457_dCchs-M-3.jpg

Full Gallery is here:
http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/8417689_hPDgg#552870457_dCchs

Gary

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Gary,

Image quality is excellent. It is up to recording and bringing to us exactly what's needed, the thrill of each move towards victory! This is a very good job and should give you a lot of satisfaction!

Asher

Gary Ayala

Gary,

Image quality is excellent. It is up to recording and bringing to us exactly what's needed, the thrill of each move towards victory! This is a very good job and should give you a lot of satisfaction!

Asher

Thanks Asher ... I separate Image Quality from Image Impact ... the IQ sucks ... but I did manage to get a few (IMO) with acceptable Image Impact. This was the first time I've photographed volleyball ... so I hadn't any past experience to help me. The refs kicked me off the floor and I ended up in the stands, (which actually wasn't a bad thing for a shooting angle), ... up in the seats I had to contend with kids jumping up and down, crying babies, et al.

Gary

552869343_S5jsS-L-3.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Asher ... I separate Image Quality from Image Impact ... the IQ sucks ... but I did manage to get a few (IMO) with acceptable Image Impact. This was the first time I've photographed volleyball ... so I hadn't any past experience to help me. The refs kicked me off the floor and I ended up in the stands, (which actually wasn't a bad thing for a shooting angle), ... up in the seats I had to contend with kids jumping up and down, crying babies, et al.

Gary

552869343_S5jsS-L-3.jpg
Gary,

You mention IQ versus Image Impact. Let's assume that your refer to the fidelity of the color and disturbance of that and form, in gradients of color and shade, by noise.

I feel that such IQ is purpose related. The image quality should be such that the picture does it's intended work. Here, you images have full impact and in no way has IQ reduced for us our satisfaction.

Improvements in vantage point hence, composition, lens choice, aperture, rendering your description of the background, for example, might improve the pictures, but with PS, you can simulate more of this, even now. Such work, for an exhibit or a book, would be justified. Here it would be appreciated but we are already happy just seeing the human value.

If you did work more on one of these it would be a great learning experience for us.

Asher

Gary Ayala

Paramount High School Pirates, Paramount, CA. I'm born and bred Basinite.

Okay, a Paramount Pirate ... you know that San Pedro are pirates also. Okay, how or why is a person born and bred Basinite? If I recall my geology class correctly ... Basinite is a form of Basalt.

Gary