• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Surfing

Jack Hudkins

Been working some of my surf images for a b/w presentation.

best,

jack hudkins
www.aSURFmoment.com

aSURFmoment81921000x.jpg

Rich Beaubien

Impressive. I'd love to see a print of this. It's got so much texture. I can just "feel" the wave. Well done.

I went over to the web site to check it out. I think I like the B&W best because they transmit the power of the wave, and the control of the board. Excellent stuff.

--Rich

Jack Hudkins

Impressive. I'd love to see a print of this. It's got so much texture. I can just "feel" the wave. Well done.

I went over to the web site to check it out. I think I like the B&W best because they trasmit the power of the wave, and the control of the board. Excelleant stuff.

--Rich

Hey Rich, thanks very much. I do like the b/w also. I'll have some more samples to post soon.

best, jack.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Been working some of my surf images for a b/w presentation.

best,

jack hudkins
www.aSURFmoment.com

aSURFmoment81921000x.jpg
Hi Jack,

This is a very abbreviated image but it's impressive. It's truly like a flash vision that one tries to remember. This is one style that holds it's own. Still, there's a lot that photography can bring to the scene. Maybe it's been done already. Does any photographer you know cover all the ranges of the grey scale with no blow out of the brights, like a classic B&W landscape picture in one of the National Parks?

Asher

Jack Hudkins

Hi Jack,

This is a very abbreviated image but it's impressive. It's truly like a flash vision that one tries to remember. This is one style that holds it's own. Still, there's a lot that photography can bring to the scene. Maybe it's been done already. Does any photographer you know cover all the ranges of the grey scale with no blow out of the brights, like a classic B&W landscape picture in one of the National Parks?

Asher

Thanks Asher,

really appreciate your input. For some reason, I am drawn to a muted darker look. I think it makes me stop and 'look' more.

jack.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
2070057-2-surfer-silhouette.jpg

David Orias Surfer Silhouette Source, RedBubble

This is more like what I was thinking of, where there is an extensive range of shading. Do you know any photographers who specialize in this style.

Asher

Jack Hudkins

2070057-2-surfer-silhouette.jpg

David Orias Surfer Silhouette Source, RedBubble

This is more like what I was thinking of, where there is an extensive range of shading. Do you know any photographers who specialize in this style.

Asher

Hey Asher,

Yes, I do know a photographer who shoots this way. I do alot of this slow shutter early morning photography as well. I'll dig up some images.

jacki

Sandra Jones

I checked your site. Didn't know surf photography could be so bloody beautiful. I was riveted to your slideshow, then oogled everything else you have. Love your unique use of such rich colours.

This b&w you've posted here appeals to me less, but your style impressed me enough to want to see more, so...I still appreciate it. I think it would look fantastic as a large print.

Mike Shimwell

Charcoal and chalk, love it. I like the way this is reduced to the minimum, like a sketch rather than a photograph. I can imagine printed reasonably large on some nice textured rag paper.

Mike