• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

His first varsity TD...

Nill Toulme

...last Friday night, and tomorrow's his birthday, and his birthday present from his old man is this 16x24 poster.

poster091506.jpg
Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

diana kingsbury

that is absolutely awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!

thats what IM talkin about..... ;)

i bet he falls asleep every night looking at it.........

my soccer daughter would die for something like this...( her 13th birthday is monday and she is a soccer animal.... )

when i get my new stuff i maybe somebody could tell me where to send the fantastic shots i will get to have them turned into a poster like that.....every athletes dream........

from the nice lady who walked into a bar.......

Diane Fields

Great Dad--terrific job.....

Nill Toulme said:
...last Friday night, and tomorrow's his birthday, and his birthday present from his old man is this 16x24 poster.

[
Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Nill, that is so great--it is actually a terrific idea and carried out so well (I assume you wer able to print this yourself on your 4800). He will be thrilled I'm sure---what a great Dad you are. Being there is actually worth more than the pics--but they are awesome too.

Best, Diane

Nill Toulme

Thanks, but I'm just the proud photographer. Dad bought three copies. ;-)

If I'd had more time to think about it I probably would have done something different with the lower left image instead of repeating the main image, like putting the school logo in or even going back to the raw shoot and maybe finding one more image in the series, but I only had 24 hours to throw it together (with a *lot* of other stuff going on) so dad could get it framed for the birthday.

Printed with Qimage at 16x24 on the 4800 and it looks terrific.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Diane Fields

I misunderstood---but you still did a great job.

Diane (having a great time in Maine---but found a 'quaint' place in Belfast with WiFi in lobby but our room was close enough----net access isn't big deal here LOL--off to eat and more).

Diane

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nil,

So happy for you! So impressed. Nothing is more important than making your children know how worthy they are! Make some for all your relatives. Great job.

Asher

Nill Toulme

I guess I really did word that poorly. I'm not the proud papa, just the proud popper. My kids play soccer.

But I think I'm happier about making this kid and his dad happy on his birthday than if it *was* (were to the grammar thread crowd) one of my own kids. They already have lots of great pix of themselves. ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Marian Howell

great job nill! both getting the shots and assembling the poster!
my only quibble is that there is no one shot that says "touchdown!" to me...the upper right maybe, but not definatively. maybe a graphic of some kind would have solved that for me. this is only monday-morning quarterbacking on my part :)))) as i know that if you'd had such a shot it would be there.
sometimes it seems that no matter what spot i've picked from which to shoot, even i get a plethora of great great shots, there's always the absolute *perfect* shot from somewhere else that i missed!!

Nill Toulme

Dad originally wanted some commemorative text added but I talked him out of it as I thought it would really clutter up an already very busy piece. He agreed and is going to put some text on the matting instead.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Marian Howell

perfect solution! i too thought that text would clutter up this collage, but it was because it was tied so specifically to the first td that i even noticed or cared.
it's a fabulous poster no matter what!