• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Watch out! Visit the BANGLADESH! exhibition in video!

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I forgot that continental Europeans do not have to cross any water… just borders… c'mon guys you're welcome!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
For those who cannot cross the bond or even the channel, we've shot a video, visiting the BANGLADESH! exhibition.
But don't count on it to examine the prints ! you'll have to come for that : °)

Just the place and atmosphere…

Watch the video

Everyone,

This is a very special opportunity, especially for Europeans to actually visit and enjoy a wonderful exhibition. It is really a large scale demonstration of the beautiful still and video work of you and Romain! I wish the video would also have an English translation for our language challenged brothers and sisters! However, all of us, wherever we live could consider the possibility of being able to contribute by buying one of nicolas' prints or a book of the Whatever Exhibitions.

This scene from the video really is important to consider.

Whatever_still_1.jpg

Just to think that 17% of the Bangladesh land is subject to being underwater in the next decades due to global warming. This is so tragic, especially because the poorest folk are massed together in these lowlands and are going to be forced to evacuate. It has started already. These folk in Bangladesh have only contributed less than 0.02% of pollution yet bear the brunt of the punishing consequences of our arrogant use of energy.

27bangladesh-lede-jumbo.jpg

Not all of us can find the means to help. however, the whatever project is brilliant in setting up the ability for locally grown jute fiber to be made into fishing boats! We cannot save an entire nation, but we can impact thousands of families by supporting the whatever project and buy art.

Everyone who can, try to put aside, if this is something you can afford, and consider buying some beautiful artwork from the Whatever Project. I have my wonderful print already and it's a joy to our home and at the same time is supportive of folk becoming independent in a sustainable community industry.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour Asher
thank you a lot for the Bangladeshi people!
Your post will certainly help, at least for them to be known…

Of course there is an English subtitle version!
Get there and scroll to the second Item: http://www.claris-video.com/video_annonce_uk.php

And of course the long version does also exist with English subtitles, but the long version is reserved for those who buy the video!

This film has been selected as the only documentary at the Festival international Les Toiles de Mer, Will be shown next Saturday.

1978663_10201975522604440_1250550514_n.jpg