• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

David Moss - Inventor and Poet

Matt Halstead

Hi guys,

I met this eccentric character whilst out shooting in Bristol. I bought him a coffee and a sandwich before having a chat with him. I thought at first that he may be homeless but fortunately he isn't. A great man to talk to to.

After looking through my shots I selected these three as a short sequence. The images were processed in CS6.

16449399997_d14f67f374_b.jpg

16034385534_67cd7b8250_b.jpg

16034388514_647d770a87_b.jpg

Cheers

Love those shots, Matt, especially the aliveness in his eyes in the first and the smoke cloud in the third. The contrast between a guy so apparently old doing what young folks do - listening to whatever with headphones - is great.

How often we make false assumptions about people. You did well to get to know him.

Cheers, Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi guys,

I met this eccentric character whilst out shooting in Bristol. I bought him a coffee and a sandwich before having a chat with him. I thought at first that he may be homeless but fortunately he isn't. A great man to talk to to.

After looking through my shots I selected these three as a short sequence. The images were processed in CS6.

16449399997_d14f67f374_b.jpg

16034385534_67cd7b8250_b.jpg

16034388514_647d770a87_b.jpg

Cheers

I like this sequence, Matt. As Make points out, there's a lot of life here. This fellow has a vibrance that can't be quenched! They'd be great as a triptych. The second one, with the glowing end of the cigarette, is "switched on", like a neon sign saying I'm here to celebrate. But most of all, these pictures support one another and make a lot of sense being side by side in sequence.

What do you think about trying that?

This would be great for our planned gallery exposition for OPF.

Asher

Matt Halstead

Hi Asher,

The images are intended to be viewed as a triptych. The gallery exposition sounds exciting. When will this take place and in one format?

Best,