• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

ZENZA BRONICA SQ-Ai ZENZANON PS 200mm f/4.5 PRIME LENS (VALUATION PLEASE!)

Dan Siman

Hi all! i have been asked on behalf of a friend to sell a BRAND NEW & BOXED ZENZA BRONICA SQ-Ai ZENZANON PS 200mm f/4.5 PRIME LENS. now i dont really know much about this lens & have been asked to sell this on their behalf & i wondered if anybody who uses this kind of equipment could give me an idea of what to sell this for cash wise! any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Dan Siman

thanks but there is nothing on ebay solid enough to give this exact model a price i dont think! plus i thought somebody on here would have a better idea!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Check KEH.com.

It really should have been a 180 mm lens as that's worth $580 in well used condition. The 200 mm lens is worth $55 to $140 and for new maybe $160! Bronica stands high in the echelons of fabulous medium format cameras at give away prices. The lenses are stellar, matching Mamiya or Hassleblad options. At the very least, no one failed to get a great landscape or portrait because the PS lenses let them down.

This is one of the most convenient and economical ways to enter MF photography. My other special favorite is the Yashika-mat which cannot fail to make you do great things with your ideas! They are available for the price of a week's latés!

Asher

Dan Siman

i am not sure your right on that i have been informed it was a very expensive piece of kit! also it is the SQ-Ai 200mm

Check KEH.com.

It really should have been a 180 mm lens as that's worth $580 in well used condition. The 200 mm lens is worth $55 to $140 and for new maybe $160!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I own that system! KEH is the most honest dealer out!

Check it out yourself!

Go to KEH, on the left choose Cameras, then MF, then Bronica and SQ.

All the SQ lenses are the same. It so happens that the 200 mm lens is not valuable. It's superb, but it's supply and demand. The 180 is most desired.

The advances in the Sq system in the later models are in the camera body itself. My system is the SQ, the SQi has a lightmeter in it.

Asher

Asher Kelman

O.K. thanks! little confused as to why has this ebay seller has also got a few of these the same & he also has this one priced at such a high amount which is the same lens though: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110575889224&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

That's eBay! Buyer beware. I bought a lens that someone was trying to sell for over $10,000 and paid under $1000 from someone else. They had a new lens, made up a price and then the fools think it's valuable.

Consider this, even if the lens has several deep scratches it will still give perfect pictures. Maybe the contrast will be slightly decreased a tad but can be corrected in printing or in photoshop. At the worst, you might have to get a black pen and ink the scratches to stop flare. There's no need for a new lens. "Excellent" from KEH is essentially new for all photographic purposes. Bargain at ~ 30%-50% of that is still a perfectly functional lens but has signs of regular wear, like an older watch that keeps the time perfectly.

This lens is too worthless for resale and better as a brilliant low-cost start towards a fabulous MF system. A simple SQ with a waist level viewer is all you need! I spent thousands for my SQ system when it was new!

Asher