• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A few flowers in VIS-UV-BV as seen in CA

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Took my UV camera with me, here a few results in visible light, UV (ultraviolet) and BV (simulated bee vision), shot at Shoreline Park in Mountain View, CA

162698794.9JCcsS8I.jpg

162698755.5STbhOEL.jpg

162693263.jN16LukN.jpg

Species are (top to bottom): Hibiscus, Mexican bush sage, Brassica

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These show us such color diversity, but we do not know, as yet the language!

We have no idea how important your observations might be, but I feel sure that you are contributing the body of knowledge that is required for us to protect the phenomenon of life on this planet.

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

These show us such color diversity, but we do not know, as yet the language!

We have no idea how important your observations might be, but I feel sure that you are contributing the body of knowledge that is required for us to protect the phenomenon of life on this planet.

Asher

Well, indeed it is not only "show and tell" what I do, it is trying to raise awareness!

Dr Klaus Schmitt

This attractive yellow Bermuda buttercup weed flower shows quite a tricky UV pattern, as shown in the following enhanced reflected UV image, a UV bright ring set on a negative space around the dark in UV petals. Plus you also see the pyramidal cells in this enhanced resolution image (UV gives approx. 1.6x higher resolution) , which allows pollinators a much better grip while being at the flower.

162720879.LSKgn2ax.P1240105b_c.jpg