• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Need advice on selling gear

Paul Potera

I am hoping to gather some in-sight here. I have been pulling together my old 4x5 gear that has been sitting in various closets. I have been trying to price it so I can sell it. On E-bay I find the prices vary from $4 to $500. (There is a Sinar F1 on Ebay for $4.00 right now.) On B&H used prices can be $1000.
So first off, how can I get a good idea of what this stuff is worth?

I don’t really want to break all the gear up into pieces, so my first choice is to sell it all as a kit. I am not really an Ebay guy so I was thinking I would just take it down to the shop here in town. (Actually I was hoping they might trade me for a Nikon D200). My second option is to go the B&H route, I here they are very fair. So my second question is: Any ideas or advice?

Paul