• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Inevitable

The inevitable beginning of summer flower shopping.... sigh.... As usual my girlfriend drags me to the garden center to shop for plants to decorate the entry to the house. So I took my camera and let her do her thing, discussing plants with Annette the center's owner and went of to take a few snaps of the surrounding area.

When I cmae back she made her choices and awaited me with a devilish grin, something that usually alerts me, but I did not pay notice until it was clear that the stuff would have to be delivered regardless our Jeep.

Flippin 2000 Liter soil, 20x100 Liter bags, yeah well, thanks a million. <sigh> I hate garden work, it si the most useless thing in this world to me, but because the Jeep was empty, I made a point to whack a case of warsteiner in the back to ease my upcoming pain.

4 hours later I finished planting 40 Pots, well, today I have a hangover. <grins>

Cem_Usakligil

Nice entrance ;-))

Hi Georg,

It is not clear to me, is this the entrance to your house, the neighbourhood of the garden centre or some random place which you have visited after doing some serious weightlifting with heavy beer crates, err, I mean spreading 2000 lt soil around the garden? <LOL>

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hey Cem,

I tell you, at times likes these I deeply question my decision to live with a partner. <grins> It is a constant struggle, since years I try to convince her not to bother ironing my T-shirts, Towels, bedlinen, all that crap, needless to say, without success.

Well parts success, I rob my T-shirts and towels before she get's a hand on it, in former times she dragged it out my storage again to iron it, but she did that only once, because at the same time I dragged her neatly ironed T-Shirts out of her storage and gave them a good wrinkle. LOL

I live in the midst of a beautiful landscape, from the back of my house I have a view over the bay, what in Hell do I need all those suckers for, marigolds, lillies and so on, all they do is whinge for some water and fertilizer, and of course, in 5 month time I get hints again " Wouldn't it be nice if all the pots would be cleaned". Hell she can not even cook, it is a disaster. LOL

Cem_Usakligil

Hey Cem,

I tell you, at times likes these I deeply question my decision to live with a partner. <grins> It is a constant struggle, since years I try to convince her not to bother ironing my T-shirts, Towels, bedlinen, all that crap, needless to say, without success.

Well parts success, I rob my T-shirts and towels before she get's a hand on it, in former times she dragged it out my storage again to iron it, but she did that only once, because at the same time I dragged her neatly ironed T-Shirts out of her storage and gave them a good wrinkle. LOL

I live in the midst of a beautiful landscape, from the back of my house I have a view over the bay, what in Hell do I need all those suckers for, marigolds, lillies and so on, all they do is whinge for some water and fertilizer, and of course, in 5 month time I get hints again " Wouldn't it be nice if all the pots would be cleaned". Hell she can not even cook, it is a disaster. LOL
To be fair to all parties, despite all these issues you've mentioned, your decision to stick around should definitely say something about the otherwise unmentioned qualities of your partner <smile>. And what is wrong with being neat, eh? <wink>

Cheers,

<smile> you know what they say about women who can not cook, yes?.... Well, let's stop that here.... <grins>

And btw. you are here to praise my unsurpassed artistic eye and flawless techniques and not to defend questionable female obsessions. <LOL>

Ray West

Hi Georg & Cem,

I made the mistake of watching a gardening program on TV, some years ago. An elderly lady, apparently one of the best known gardening personality in Britain, was describing her technique. Her words impressed me so much, I engraved them on a piece of trefolite, and glued it above my office door.

tidy.jpg

However, please note how neatly the key is placed.

Best wishes,
Ray

Michael Fontana

pro member
You know Zorba, the Greek?

"Basil: Are you married?
Zorba: Am I not a man? And is not a man stupid? I’m a man. So I married. Wife, children, house, everything. The full catastrophe."

That would be 12 floors down, elevator of course.

This here would be my dog training arena of course, and as you can see, I avoided to show the floor, they did not clean up yet, and all the blood and body parts is nothing for the squeemish. <grins>