• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Like a Knife

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This was just for fun:

The building is actually pretty much like that.

Michael,

I adore such knife-edged buildings. This one is so unadorned and architecturally clean and modern.

We have one such triangular building here at the junction of Beverly Hills with Century, where two older branches of Santa Monica Blvd from the East fuse to one ultra modern divided mega city street in Century City.

I also recall one in Tuscany where they have chariot races by calls of young men from different families. The final path is in the main cobblestoned arena.

I am sure they had to make rules, as two teams meeting on either side of the knife edge would no doubt create havoc!

Asher

Michael, very cool, and fun! Buildings can assume quite unusual shapes when viewed or photographed from various angles.

This fairly new, but relatively uninspiring, building at a local community college underwent a similar transformation when viewed from ground level recently.

original.jpg

Student Center​

Asher Kelman

Michael, very cool, and fun! Buildings can assume quite unusual shapes when viewed or photographed from various angles.

This fairly new, but relatively uninspiring, building at a local community college underwent a similar transformation when viewed from ground level recently.

original.jpg

Student Center​

This is a good find. They added inspiration is a simple way. The cost of a building relates to size, of course, but also to the complexity of the outside. Here they added one expensive element and it gives the building some identity.

Asher

Those are some insightful thoughts about the building, Asher. You don't happen to moonlight as an architect, do you? If not, maybe you should consider doing so.

Asher Kelman

Those are some insightful thoughts about the building, Asher. You don't happen to moonlight as an architect, do you? If not, maybe you should consider doing so.

Thanks for that great compliment, Tom. I actually am very interested in architecture and perhaps that's why I'm now obsessed with sculpture in glass and steel.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Some very excellent design. But are these cost efficient? Or just an architect given a free hand and oodles of money to spend.

Any case, Michael a very good and interesting image to start this thread.

Best.