• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Beta 4.1

Brian Lowe

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Beta 4.1

Now available on both the Macintosh and Windows platform

Bugs Fixed in Beta 4.1

Photoshop Lightroom beta 4.1 was posted on 10/19/2006 in order to resolve some issues with the original beta 4 build. The following bugs were fixed:
  • There was an issue where a user could not edit a metadata field after editing it for another picture which has been fixed.
  • The preview cache was using wrong relative path.
  • There were a couple fixes in the database update feature, fixing a few situations where the database would not update properly. Also, upgraded libraries would not always allow images to be moved between shoots.
  • There was an problem selecting an existing folder for web galleries. The web gallery would move all images previously in the folder to the trash silently. This has been fixed. All contents of directory where a web gallery is saved are sent to the trash with no warning. Also in web, large exported galleries will now have all the images expected.
  • The app had a couple unexpected failures canceling dialogs. Selecting cancel on the Enter Password dialog now reliably works, as does selecting cancel in Page Setup.
  • The shoot selection should no longer change unexpectedly.
  • The "Additional External Editor" preference and the "Edit in Photoshop" preference are now separate.
  • If you had mixed managed photos and by reference files, the paths of by reference files would be changed when changing the location of the managed folder.
  • Images exported with Constrain Pixels would produce the wrong result for portrait-oriented images .
  • There are some changes in the relationship between Luminance and Saturation.
Brian

Brian

Last edited:
Lr 4.1

Michael, do you understand why the upgrade to 4.1 is so tricky -- it requires you to uninstall 4.0 first (but doens't say that) and then pretends that it is repairing what I thought I had just gotten rid of. I am still not sure that I have 4.1 running, since the "about" frame says "beta 4".

scott

Dierk Haasis

pro member
Look at the build number to the left, it should read 264255.

You might need to uninstall using Windows' own Software applet in the System Control; the option built into the installer does not uninstall LR 4.0.

Diane Fields

Curious how you discovered that--I agree, I found nothing to tell me to uninstall first. I've just dled it and will install--but take your advice to uninstall the 4.0 first.

Diane

See my comment in the "news" thread. I did not succeed in installing the new beta until I also removed the directory "Adobe Lightroom" from the Program Files of my machine. This was the suggestion of the forum monitor on the Pixmantec Lightroom forum.

scott

Diane Fields

scott kirkpatrick said:
See my comment in the "news" thread. I did not succeed in installing the new beta until I also removed the directory "Adobe Lightroom" from the Program Files of my machine. This was the suggestion of the forum monitor on the Pixmantec Lightroom forum.

scott

Ahh--I haven't been to the Pixmantec forum yet today. I check in occasionally now just to see how others are working with LR.

Diane

Dierk Haasis

pro member
I simply tried it, it didn't work, I remembered the advice for 3->4 [and my own hunch about problematic installs]. Instead of deleting the Lightroom directory manually you can just use Windows' [or Mac's] System Control->Software applet; it does uninstall, which LR's installer does not.