• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bouquet of flowers - multispectral

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Human vision, Ultraviolet vision, simulated Butterfly vision, simulated Bee vision
(left to right, top to bottom)

163838920.o7sYu8Ch.UVflowerSetnBV3a_c.jpg

New camera with pixelshift mode, 40/60Mpix per image

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Klaus,

In this case, the simulated butterfly image seems to offer extra hues in a pattern that is not so unfamiliar to the human experience and yet is richer. I have always thought that this is the great potential of multi spectral vision that goes beyond what we normally perceive. It's so unusual to have, as here, a richer experience.

I can well imagine, that looking at a human face, one would now see all sorts of geographic variations that could be off-putting. Here, with the flower, beyond being interesting, it's also more pleasing.

Commendation of getting the pixel shift to work. Can it be hand held as there is 5-axis image stabilization too!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

It is a new filter that I had to developed as my older one did not fulfil the demands of my new 40/60Mp camera system. And while at it, I also enhanced the color reproduction.

No, that pixel shift only is for studio work on a sturdy tripod.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Impressed with your new filter. Have I missed it when you used it previously?

As to pixel shift, handheld, I have always thought that with rapid fire and enough pictures handheld, one could select good pixels and create a hifmfh resolution file where pixel shift was about 1/3 to 0.5 the width of a sensel.

Asher