• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

No words..Just images

Antonio Correia

i-CkBgqL4-X2.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio,

That is exquisite. Indeed, "it looks like a photograph or a real scene", but in a way it looks like a scene from an elegant model railroad layout, with the tidy tracks, the tidy boulevard, that exquisite power plant with its four smokestacks, the bridge, and the dock cranes in the far background. In that sense it is almost "life imitating art".

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Best regards,

Doug

Antonio Correia

Thank you Doug for such comments. :)

I was attracted by this scene because it was somehow symmetrical and the converging railway lines are in a strong perspective.

The bright is similar to San Francisco's

The power plant at the right is the Museum of Electricity where I parked the car when heading to Sebastião Salgado' s Genesis exposition.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Michael.

All your past discipline of doing justice to the grand well designed Munich Underground stations pays off here in getting the essence of such a bare, isolated natural scene so cleanly too. Bravo.

Crepuscular rays invoke memories of angles and chariots bursting from the heavens to interfere with fate on earth. So such a motif of the heavens light and a lone tree, creates mood and a basis for self-reflection. It's not just that the picture is interesting, but it offers a support, a fabric for our own private ideas and re-examination of what we do and might yet get done!

Asher