• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Lowndes Grove Bridal Portrait Charleston South Carolina

chi pritchard

Lowndes Grove Bridal Portrait Charleston South Carolina

web01.jpg

web03.jpg

web04.jpg

Charleston Portrait Photographer

Doug Kerr

Hi, Chi,

Pretty shots.

On the technical front, I think No. 2 suffered from blowout of the highlights on the face. (If course such is almost unavoidable - and not really problematical - on the window.) It gives the delivered image a somewhat "amateur" appearance.

On No. 3, I personally would like to see more contrast. Perhaps such was not available from the original image, again perhaps afflicted by blowout.

You may need to reflect on your overall practices with regard to metering and exposure.

I don't know what kind of camera you used (there was no Exif metadata in the images you posted). Many photographers working in situations such as this prefer to take the raw output, which is often more forgiving of non-ideal exposure, and we may well be able to compensate for such during raw development.

Thanks so much for letting us see your work.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Your pictures show joy! That's what folk are buying! These photographs are hard work! I looked at your prices and they seem very low! 1 hours of work requires an hour to get ready, 2 hours of editing and 1 hour of discussion. So that's $200 for 4 hours of work!

Times should be a minimum of 3 hours, I'd think!

You've a good eye and should be paid accordingly.

Asher

fahim mohammed

First: If the Client was satisfied with these photos, our comments could only be incorporated ( if at all in future work ).

Second: I have seen beautiful, but so called ' technically ' imperfect wedding photos by photogs who charge an arm and a leg. They are loved by their clients and are in high demand. Some only work with film.

Third: I actually like these pictures. They are different than the run of the mill accepted shots that
one sees quite often. The first photograph is, imho, really really excellent. The impression of ' whiter than white ' and the expansive space adds to the drama.

I am not too hung up on blowing the whites or darkening the darks. It all goes or fails as a whole.
Here I think it goes!

Don Ferguson Jr.

First: If the Client was satisfied with these photos, our comments could only be incorporated ( if at all in future work ).

Second: I have seen beautiful, but so called ' technically ' imperfect wedding photos by photogs who charge an arm and a leg. They are loved by their clients and are in high demand. Some only work with film.

Third: I actually like these pictures. They are different than the run of the mill accepted shots that
one sees quite often. The first photograph is, imho, really really excellent. The impression of ' whiter than white ' and the expansive space adds to the drama.

I am not too hung up on blowing the whites or darkening the darks. It all goes or fails as a whole.
Here I think it goes!

Good points and I think the girl looks radiant in the window shot and the last one was perhaps bright that way on purpose to get that in fashion now kinda glare look. I could not image taking wedding photos .
Looking at her FB clients are telling others they love her work and that is what matters in the end ;)
Chi, thanks for posting and I am from SC and my brother lives on Daniel Island . IMO the photos work well to capture her happiness.
Don

Last edited:

chi pritchard

Thanks Don, As you know there are lots and lots of photographers in the Charleston area. With each having their own style. Some styles fit some brides and not others. I'm just glad i'm in an area that has so much beautiful locations to shoot at. I live in summerville and am looking to move over where your brother lives. It's so beautiful on Daniel Island. Haven't done a wedding there yet, but do go to the Family Cup to practice with my camera.

Chi