• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Silhouette

Antonio Correia

Sesimbra is just a few kilometers away from Setúbal. A small group of people decided to join and make a group of amateur photographers.
I was invited to pass by and walk with them for a challenge: pictures from the village.
And so I did.
Here is one of an hour's walk.
i-CR2gTWV-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sesimbra is just a few kilometers away from Setúbal. A small group of people decided to join and make a group of amateur photographers.
I was invited to pass by and walk with them for a challenge: pictures from the village.
And so I did.
Here is one of an hour's walk.
i-CR2gTWV-XL.jpg

Thinking out of the box!

A novel image. I like it.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you all for the comments.
When I started this walk, other people - perhaps 5 - were doing the same. I wanted to make something different. Just for fun ! :) I kept looking up most of the time...
i-xmr9ZRv-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

Gorgeous work, Antonio.. so abstract and graphic! just beautiful!

Maggie,

Your words made me think of changing times, where words get new meanings daily in Presidential tweets!

Interesting about the need for context in understanding what folk say and what they mean. With Trump it's easy, just check if his lips are moving. If so, he's in a world of his own fabulosity!

But here you used the word "graphic" which can mean vulgar or suitable only for adults and then "abstract", meaning loose derivative of real in some imaginary form. I started to reflect on how we communicate using tools that can have very different functions, yet we generally do a great job in understanding intent.

Thank goodness that we are all well grounded, honest and treasure both the truth and limits of beauty. Thank goodness we're acutely aware of the dangers of "alternative facts" filling the void created in the mind of a President with a poor grasp of reality and the least education of any public figure we have known!

Thank goodness that we have two other branches of government in the USA so that idiocy cannot proceed without reaction and a free press that can at least let us know different views of what these fellows are doing.

Thanks goodness that other countries in the West understand our self-inflicted embarrassment and will be steadfast in pushing back at politics based on bloodlines and religious hatred!

Thanks especially to Canada, The U.K., Germany, France and Wikileaks for helping pushback on this evil when we did not do sufficiently ourselves!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Thank you all for the comments.
When I started this walk, other people - perhaps 5 - were doing the same. I wanted to make something different. Just for fun ! :) I kept looking up most of the time...
i-xmr9ZRv-XL.jpg

Antonio,

The freedom to examine our cities from novel viewpoints allows creative folk like you to show us something of ourselves that we never imagined.

Since you are so adept in taking detail portraits of the denizens of Setubal, each with intense personal truth and built in social bonds, it's a huge and surprising jump to have, as you offer us here, a skeletonized view of society with just the shapes of the silhouettes of houses but no life, pose or expressions from which to infer the life therein!

This picture has gone even further. Here we are stripped of even the scattered signs of our romance with telecommunications. The wires and antennae are now gone.

We are now down to the bare minimum.

When I stroll through your next exhibition, I will at least have the knowledge of the piers and boats of Setubal, your wonderful home and great cooking and warmth.

Others will be at a loss unless you also show both your portraits, the artisans in workshops and the fellow's rolling the bread.

Asher