• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Expresscard SD reader

Jon Mark

Anyone with experiences here? Sandisk and Delkin both have them available and I was looking to pick one up. How do you get your RAW files from the card to your Mac? Thanks in advance!

Stan Jirman

The same way as with any other card reader. The card mounts in Finder, you can use iPhoto/Aperture/ImageCapture/Finder/Whatever to copy them into the application of your choice.

Jon Mark

Hi Stan,

I think I misworded the question. What do SD card users use to get their files into their computer -- USB 2.0, firewire, or Expresscard? I've been using the Delkin e-card reader and its been giving me problems "unmounting the card" unexpectedly. I believe there is a loose connection where the USB cable joins to the reader. Considering the Expresscard, but haven't seen too many user experiences. Wonder if Asher has used it on his new MBP???