• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: At the beginning of a hike last Sunday

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Last Sunday we walked from one lake in the south of Munich to neigboring lake.

The light in the morning was marvelous. Here are two glimpses.

Michael,

This is an immediate eye catcher with the light and the unexpected geometry in the water reflections. You have discovered an electric landscape. This is worth settling in to document further. I notice also special interest for me in the isolated individual rocks before the sienna colored grasses in the foreground. There's a lot of such specific interest that will be apparent in a print.

It works so well in color but I also wonder how it might appear in B&W.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

This is a gem to add to the first picture, with the sun caught reflecting between the grasses. I hope there's more like this. Who knows, you might even find some water fowl or even a fisherman.

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher,

thanks for pointing it out - it seems that geometry is still a dominant factor for my compositions.
This is actually a slight crop of the original photo, but I did not like the original version, so I ended up with this version.

Looking at the second photo - this is a diagonal composition. I did not focus on the diagonal as composition element itself, but more on the contrasting elements...

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

I do have one more from the same place, but this is totally different:

I wanted to provoque some lensflares here...

There is also one photo I actually did convert to black&white. This was taken later the same day when we were higher up.

BTW: All were taken with the X10. I hope this gives an impression of the image quality of that little camera.

Best regards,
Michael