• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Victoria's secret

Sam Hames

This is a wonderful juxtaposition. Just as I was wondering where you had been you pop up with this little beauty.

Cheers for posting.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
This is a wonderful juxtaposition. Just as I was wondering where you had been you pop up with this little beauty.

Cheers for posting.

Waiting outside the Victoria's Secret Shop at the airport wondering if the crutch on the chick on the billboard could possibly be any wider.
Where else?
You should live in my world for a while, Sam. It's full of juxtapositions.

Cheers
Tom

Lee Tracy

I just crossed to the dark side - I noticed (and knew) what brand shoes they are wearing!

Not cool, not cool, not cool.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What do two nuns and Victoria have in common?

Sweet **** all!!

_DSF4710 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

This is beyond me! I must admit that I've even ventured into the store on on occasion, but even then was unable to discover their secret!

The nuns? I know their secret! they are all actually married! Each has a gold wedding band, at least the ones I knew in Africa and in Boston. A life of hard work from youth till death.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
This is beyond me! I must admit that I've even ventured into the store on on occasion, but even then was unable to discover their secret!

The nuns? I know their secret! they are all actually married! Each has a gold wedding band, at least the ones I knew in Africa and in Boston. A life of hard work from youth till death.

Asher

The purpose of a secret is to remain so, otherwise it's no longer a secret. Just go in a look at the pictures, Ash.
As for the nuns; now theirs a jux. For a body of people who believe in the sanctity of marriage and its function of procreation, they 'marry' a figment of their imagination yet frown upon others who have real love for another human being and forbid them to marry.
I've known a few nuns in my time; some as you say, others real arseholes. A large proportion of our indigenous are still suffering because of the mistreatment in the hands of the religious orders and their army of abusers.Wearing a black cape doesn't make you automatically a super person.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The purpose of a secret is to remain so, otherwise it's no longer a secret. Just go in a look at the pictures, Ash.
As for the nuns; now theirs a jux. For a body of people who believe in the sanctity of marriage and its function of procreation, they 'marry' a figment of their imagination yet frown upon others who have real love for another human being and forbid them to marry.
I've known a few nuns in my time; some as you say, others real arseholes. A large proportion of our indigenous are still suffering because of the mistreatment in the hands of the religious orders and their army of abusers.Wearing a black cape doesn't make you automatically a super person.

When I was in Nigeria, way back as a medical student, I volunteered to help out in a Catholic hospital. I was saving lives every day using mostly simple procedures like rehydration and reintroduction to food and sometimes antibiotics. I was rebuked by several ardent nuns who told me that since I didn't work in the name of the savior, my work was irrelevant. That didn't stop me and a a colleague from befriending to very lovely and pleasant nuns who worked as nurse-anesthesioplogists, there being a shortage of doctors. One does get close to people in the operating rooms and we shared many cases together. One nun was so beautiful as an angel, blond hair, a figure already in heaven and a knowledge of literature and Shakespeare especially that would make the Bard perk up proud as punch. I told her she should marry, as it was a tragedy that she couldn't be the head of a family and inspire a new generation - and make one great husband happy! Well she said she was already married and was never going to leave the church. My friend was much more fortunate. He made the good lady he had his eye on a great offer and she walked out of the place and left her gold ring on the mother superior's table. They were married and AFAIK, lived happily ever after.

I still think of that other nun, the one I like so much, and how much beauty was hidden from the eyes of man!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
There might be a touch of chauvinism there, Ash, but I'll let it pass, least it will lead us down a different path.
What struck me most about these two was their curiosity. They passed each shop as they might a zoo or artifacts in a museum. They seemed as far from their world as I might be in a room full of toffs.
Airports are one of my favourite places to shoot. It's such a plastic environment, filled with trinkets and emergency exits, security guards ( my favourite people) and people coming and going perposefully, in between waiting. There is always a story to find.

18602375014_774a01d8f3_c.jpg
[/url]_DSF4723 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr}

Sorry I didn't centre it. I'm on the iPad.
They were heading for Darwin on a tour. They struggled with their name tags for ages. The bloke on the right prended not to notice. I offered to help but my offer was rejected. Independence! Di finally got it but Phillip gave up, found a clip in his bag and altered it to do the job better. Initiative! They looked like they had been together forever.