• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Need helping finding info on Jim.... Please.

Tom Aellis

thank you, I'm having a great deal of trouble locating Jim's work and more information of working with his Leaf.
Best,
Tom

JimCollum

pro member
Well... after an extended absence... along with a number of life crisis.. I'm moving out of the software engineering arena and into full time photography. Although not an ideal time to undertake such a venture, a layoff (ok.. they called it 'restructuring') package from Cisco systems has given me a kick in the butt to get me moving. :)

Given most of my work in the past has been structural in nature, as well as most of the necessary 'hardware', I'm going to focus on Architectural photography. In the middle of putting up a new website

http://www.collumphotography.com

I started off by approaching a few architects during the local Open Architecture tour, and offered a free shoot, as a way of introducing myself, as well as gaining images for a portfolio. So far, this has netted me a few actual jobs coming up.

So far, the most prolific camera in use has been the Aptus 75s and Horseman SWD II, although I have been able to use the Betterlight for some exteriors. I have the 35mm and 55mm lens and have found them both to be excellent performers.

I know that by now, the 75s is an ancient relic :) but hopefully some things that i post might be of use for other similar backs

Architecture_0011.jpg

Architecture_0010.jpg

I've copied this post to Jim's thread on the Aptus 75S so all responses to that should be here AK.

Last edited by a moderator: