• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: my website !

Yes, it finally born yesterday : i have now a website to present my work, people were asking it for a long time and i finally did it !

It's just a first attempt, i think i will upgrade it to improve the presentation after some times...
Of course, i will continue to share on OPF.

Regards,

Cedric.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yes, it finally born yesterday : i have now a website to present my work, people were asking it for a long time and i finally did it !

It's just a first attempt, i think i will upgrade it to improve the presentation after some times...
Of course, i will continue to share on OPF.
Congratulations Cedric,

You have made an impressive website. The pictures are all interesting and some are superb. It is a majot accomplishment and this will help people get to know the depth and breadth of your work.

I do find some draw backs to the flash presentation. I don't see why you should be needing flash at all. Wouldn't it be faster otherwise.

You tag-based navigation and a line of small icons is a great selec tion method. However, to really make it work well, some suggestions.

1. You are too generous on the size of you main picture. It's not needed to have the iamge as large as it is and not only encourages stealing but slows things down.

2. Use that extra space to increase the size of the film strip of icons, so that choice is easier.

3. Default to the tag option being open. It was not intuitive at first how to see a gallery. The bottom film strip is tiny and dark and the tag isn't obvious. I was clicking inside "Choissez un Album" or trying the icons on the right for full page or not.

Consider adding an Artist's statement, your Biography, (that is a brief introduction to you as a human being, your life and place in your career) and a place to purchase your prints!

Asher

Hi Asher,

Thanks for your feedback ! I used a specific sofware to generate the flash gallery, i don't know if i can modify a lot of thing, i have to study it...

Yes, i chose flash, it's great... when bandwise is generous enough. I will consider if it's a problem or not (sometimes, it's truely very long to load a picture, sometimes it's damned fast...).

I am going to consider your suggestions and to study my software to try to customize it.

Kind regards,

Cedric.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Asher,

Thanks for your feedback ! I used a specific sofware to generate the flash gallery, i don't know if i can modify a lot of thing, i have to study it...

Yes, i chose flash, it's great... when bandwise is generous enough. I will consider if it's a problem or not (sometimes, it's truely very long to load a picture, sometimes it's damned fast...).

I am going to consider your suggestions and to study my software to try to customize it.

Kind regards,

Cedric.
Flash is something I have decided to stay away from, however easy and polished it may be. I don't have a unique and in demand product to force lookers jump through hoops. And neither do you to be honest.

Hi Cem,

Well, when i first made my tests using this flash gallery, during week, loadings were really fast... But now it is the week-end, many people are on the internet and bandwith has dramatically reduced ! Loadings of my pictures are now so slow... that i can't bare to wait to see my own pictures ! ;)

Hum, i have to think about that... i love look and feel of this gallery (and software is not free...) but if it causes too many troubles, i will have to change technology (maybe a "real" website using Joomla or something else, open-source software).

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cem,

Well, when i first made my tests using this flash gallery, during week, loadings were really fast... But now it is the week-end, many people are on the internet and bandwith has dramatically reduced ! Loadings of my pictures are now so slow... that i can't bare to wait to see my own pictures ! ;)

Hum, i have to think about that... i love look and feel of this gallery (and software is not free...) but if it causes too many troubles, i will have to change technology (maybe a "real" website using Joomla or something else, open-source software).
Hi Cedric,

It is not just a matter of loading speed. Also the fact that many people browse without a flash plug-in installed in their browsers. I, for instance, use quite often my iPod Touch 2G with WIFI (safari browser). Your site is then not visible any longer.

I am working on a java script based web photo portfolio album for myself, take a look at it when I'm finished. If you like it, I might share it with you ;-)

Cheers,

Ok Cem, i see... ;)

I have just compressed my online pictures from Excellent (100) to Good (80) level, loading is now reasonnably fast.

This flash tool is a good way to quickly and easily set-up a nice gallery with good-looking.
It's just a first step, i think i will integrate it in a more classical website, but let me some time ;)