• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"TinEye Image Search Engine" - What I found, Samples

Michael Brown

The topic of "TinEye" is starting to pop up all over various forums, blogs, over at PDN, etc., ... and I finally had a chance to sit down and to try this out a bit more in depth.
This is some cool stuff in my opinion, and I along with many other photographers are having high hopes for this method of searching for your images that are being used on the internet or in print, ..... authorized or unauthorized.

Here are a few brief comments of mine on TinEye, along with a sample image that I used to find unauthorized use, and also a few screenshots.

http://macroartinnature.wordpress.com/2008/06/13/tineye-image-search-engine-what-i-found/

Follow the link to TinEye and sign up for the beta version, and give it a try.
Never know what you might find!
If you sign up to try out the beta version, you could be approved by e-mail anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple of days.

** And no, ... I'm not getting paid for this neither! :)
Just thought I would give everyone a heads up on something that I think could be very useful in the future, especially those who are in this game full time.

Take care everyone,
Michael

Michael Brown

Nicolas, ... let us know here at OPF if you find anything worth sharing.

More info:

Leila Boujnane, the CEO at Idée Inc. sent me a message and even posted a piece on the TinEye blog about what I had written within my journal.
Looks like they will be ramping up soon and indexing a whole lot more images.

She then adds, ... "so hang on to your pants. This is just the beginning of our image search adventures."

If it continues to work well, ... as well as I have seen so far, then this is something that could easily become a part of one's daily business.

Still I wonder how something like this could be used along side the Orphan Works Bill? (If passed)
Let those who are searching, to actually pay a very small fee per image to use something like TinEye in their search.
This could easily help to weed out those who are serious about a particular search, compared to those who have absolutely have no intentions of conducting a serious search and those in favor of using someone's imagery for free!

Just some more thoughts!

Michael Brown

"TinEye" - I Have 20 Invitations, No Waiting Period.

Leila Boujnane, the CEO at Idée Inc. was kind enough to allow me 20 invitations for individuals to give the "TinEye Image Search Engine" a try.
You will not have to sign up for the beta waiting list.

This is "first come, ... first served", ... immediate approval.
(I only have 20 invitations)

Follow this link to my Photoshelter Archives.
http://pa.photoshelter.com/usr-show/U00000jfaeRCNSyQ
In the upper left corner under my handsome face, click on "Contact Photographer".
Then, ... simply send me your name and e-mail address.
I will send the "TinEye" invitation to you as soon as I receive the message.

Please note:
Today is Father's Day here in the states, so I may be gone for awhile later today.

Take care gang,
Michael Brown

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
That is nice from you Michael!

Thanks to your post yesterday I've been able to receive from TinEye an invitation so I am already registered in the beta "not waiting" list…

It's a briliant idea,
I have tried some of my image, some were find some not (I know they have been stolen already), Tineye has just began, and despite the already huge database, they have to enriched it again, but once it will be done, tha'ts gonna be a pretty useful tool for pro photogs…
Then comes the problem, when you find a stolen image of yours to get paid or having the website stop using them… Maybe Tineye should add some lawyer services…

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi folks

for better understanding I have merged the 2 threads…
OPF members are invited to post here their own finding with this interesting initiative…

Michael Brown

Have 9 invitations left.

Sorry about that Nicolas.
I wasn't thinking that I had already had one post on this subject, as I was in a big rush to head out the door to my parents house for Father's Day.

Thanks for putting the two posts together.
Much easier to follow now.

Michael