• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Miami, any tips ?

Hi,
I will be in Miami from October 13-20.
We will have own transportation.
Are there any sites that really need to be visited ?

To be honest I hate the tourists attractions, what we look for are edgy/gritty/urban/decay/grafity and of course beautiful nature.

Or we would love to visit working photographers in the Miami area.

Greetings,
Frank

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Urban Decay

Frank,

Miami is an older city. There are several areas that are older. Because of the proximity to Cuba, there are several neightborhoods and that will be primarily Cuban and will have their own "flavor". A lot of the architecture are art deco era as well. Beach cities have their own flavor too. I don't know how to instruct you there, since I was not driving - only observing. If you go to South Beach or to Ft. Lauderdale, you can have beach scenes with the young and beautiful.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Franck

The Art Deco District in Miami is worth the visit, not that large district but each house is really worth looking…
I would avoid Fort Lauderdale and DisneyLand as well ;-)

If you have time the road to Key West is just wonderfull, and spending an evening there, though a touristic place, is quite interesting if you go next street…
BTW they are many places in the World where there is a Hemingway house, the one in Key West moved me a lot, touristic but really part of American and OUR history…

Have nice time there, cross the road, behind the scenic streets, you'll find the real Miami, even a few yards back from South Beach… But there, I wouldn't show obviously my Canon…