• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Outdoors Man

Freddy Oropeza

Hey all!

here's a picture I took last summer while on a mountain biking trip with friends.
MG_7484-Edit.jpg

There's more details about what went in to making the picture at the following link.

http://freddyoropeza.com/blog/?p=503

Thanks for taking a look.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hey all!

here's a picture I took last summer while on a mountain biking trip with friends.

MG_7484-Edit.jpg

This is an enjoyable end of the day outside portrait. The feeling is of a very agreeable and charming person. You have just the right balance of light. Gret idea to use an extra person as a lightstand, LOL! Me, I have extra lightstands not extra people to hold them!

Asher

Honestly, and for another point of view, has he ever think about being a model? He's got such a sweet face, but with a lot of masculinity emerging. I see a lot of men not as half as handsome on the modeling/photography/retouching resources I'm subscribed to.

Last but not least you could have a customer for a book. :)

Anyway, he must thank you a lot for beautifying him that way.

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Bloke makes me feel guilty for being out of shape and fat :) On the other hand I'm as good looking as that in my mind, does that count?

Lighting is powerful, in keeping with the strong lines of the face but still softer than the harsh look used for fashion shooting (direct strobe/beauty dish) of this type. Far more human.

Read about how you did it, 3ft octabank, no doubt it's soft! Got to love the look of an octabank. Taking that around with you always? better you than me :)

Freddy Oropeza

Thanks everyone!
Yeah, he is quite the easy going and charming guy, maybe you guys can convince him to model, he is currently a computer graphics guy, so his good looks are being wasted in front of a monitor(hahaha)
It was really windy that day, so a light stand wouldn't have worked, but my other friends came to the rescue, it worked out pretty well, is like having a remote control light stand.
As for the Octa, is actually quite light and folds pretty flat and small, so is not hard to carry around, the pain, is putting the ribs in and out each time it needs to be used. If I'm actually carrying it while hiking or biking, I bring a different speed ring, that fits my 580ex Flash, so it's a lighter, more manageable set up.