• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cold greetings from Arctic norway

Svein-Frode

Howdy folks!

I followed Alan Briot's trail over here. The forums look great. Lots of knowledgable and talented people participating.

I'm a part time fine art photographer from Arctic Norway. My bread is a dayjob in banking and finance, and butter comes from landscape photography. I'm interested in all kinds of photography, architecture, painting and music. Art is a lifestyle, not something I do because I want to, but need to!

Looking forward to sharing and gaining knowledge here.

All the best!

Gary Ayala

Welcome Svein-Frode ... from almost tropical Southern California. Down here we keep our snow up in the mountains (where it belongs) and the ice is either in the freezer or in our drinks. Waiting to see your photos.

Gary

Welcome Svein-Frode!

Gary Ayala said:
Welcome Svein-Frode ... from almost tropical Southern California. Down here we keep our snow up in the mountains (where it belongs) and the ice is either in the freezer or in our drinks. Waiting to see your photos.

Gary

I live 30 minutes away from Gary, so I pretty much second what he said :)

You should have some nice snowy and misty fjords over there...:)
Always wanted to see them myself.
As a kid I was fascinated with Norwegian (and other Scandinavian) mythology, sagas and fairy tales.
Hope to see all that (and more) in your pictures :)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour Sein
One day I'll have to come to the Lofoten Islands.
In summer it must be a delight of lights for photographers.
Have you shot any pictures there?

Be welcome here, we all have a good heater in these rooms...

Lisa Nikodym

Hello- I've "seen" you over on another forum too, but didn't know you were from Norway. Absolutely beautiful country, and wonderful people too. I've been there a couple of times, most recently to the Lofoten Islands (off-season in late September), and want to go back to drive the Arctic Highway sometime. I'd be happy to hear any comments on where is best to go in northern Norway for landscape photography, besides the Lofotens...

Lisa