• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Included in Juried Biennial Exhibition

I have two images included in a juried biennial exhibition entitled "Area Artists 2015" beginning This Friday, January 16 and continuing through April 4.

Here are the two images that I submitted:

QuickSilver_zpsc9b8c025.jpg
[/URL]

QuickSilver

IslandBurial_zpsa1058b5a.jpg
[/URL]

Island Burial

Asher, You commented about this image in the previous post,

(Quote)
"End of life images are a tad sad but speak to us and should give us pause."

I want to respond by saying:

The most beautiful shape in nature is the circle. What is sometimes perceived as the end is so often really a beginning. Energy and life as we know it is in a never-ending sequence of transformation. This constant ebb and flow of the life force is always invigorating and exciting, regardless of where you enter the ever evolving conversation.

Best, Bill

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have two images included in a juried biennial exhibition entitled "Area Artists 2015" beginning This Friday, January 16 and continuing through April 4.

Here are the two images that I submitted:

QuickSilver_zpsc9b8c025.jpg
[/URL]

QuickSilver

IslandBurial_zpsa1058b5a.jpg
[/URL]

Island Burial

Asher, You commented about this image in the previous post,

(Quote)
"End of life images are a tad sad but speak to us and should give us pause."

I want to respond by saying:

The most beautiful shape in nature is the circle. What is sometimes perceived as the end is so often really a beginning. Energy and life as we know it is in a never-ending sequence of transformation. This constant ebb and flow of the life force is always invigorating and exciting, regardless of where you enter the ever evolving conversation.

Best, Bill

That's why, bill, at funerals there are customs to eat a white shelled hard-boiled egg. It symbolized recycling of life as food and one can run one's finger in any direction and eventually arrive at the same place.

Asher

Thanks Asher,
I think we are on the same page. If there are any OPF folks in the central Maine area, the show is at the Atrium Art Gallery at the University of Southern Maine's Lewiston-Auburn Campus at 51Westminster Street in Lewiston, Maine. The opening is this Friday, January 16 from 6 - 8pm. Be sure to say hello to me if you come down (free and open to the public).

Splendid images, Bill. The shells the sea brought to rest on the dead bird look like the wreaths we use to honour and express our love for a person that died.

Mike

Splendid images, Bill. The shells the sea brought to rest on the dead bird look like the wreaths we use to honour and express our love for a person that died.

Mike

Mike, I was very much taken with the quietness of the scene, after listening to the howling winds and pounding surf of the night before. Lots had changed on this barrier island, but suddenly a calm had overtaken the area, and I could feel it.

Thanks for your comment,
Bill

Opening Night

The opening for the Biannual show was very active, with more than 200 folks in attendance. We got there early enough to get a fairly good look around before it got so crowded that we all seemed connected and moving together. It's always fun to see the work, and to chat with folks. I took a few pics so that you could get an idea as to how the images looked on the wall.

webshowopeningcrowd_zps417f15de.jpg
[/URL]

part of the crowd at the opening

webshowopeningIslandBurial_zps5a9bd759.jpg
[/URL]

Gallery goers looking at Island Burial

webshowopeningQuickSilver_zps8eb12ecf.jpg
[/URL]

My wife looking at Quick Silver

Best, Bill