• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Being featured by Pentax… a "coming out"

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
For many month I do have email exchanges and meetings with Pentax Ricoh France regarding their 645D camera and my work with it.
They are very happy with the results I get from shooting with the 645D and proposed me to be featured by Pentax.
This means I exchange with them my findings (good or bad) with their gear, I provide them with some photos for their marketing, in return they lend me gear (lenses etc.) for specific jobs and good assistance when needed. I also have the pleasure to be featured on their website among few others…
http://www.pentax.fr/fr/photographes
and
http://www.pentax.fr/fr/nicolas-claris.html
It is of course for me a good recognition for my work but also a kind of "coming out" here…

I wish you all be convinced that all my previous and next posts about Pentax gear are -and will be- sincere.
The aim of this "agreement" with Pentax is that I let know about the combination of my work and their gear.
I do have paid my Pentax gear and will pay (at a preferential price, I admit) new gear I'll need to have on a permanent basis.

More to come soon… : )

For many month I do have email exchanges and meetings with Pentax Ricoh France regarding their 645D camera and my work with it.
They are very happy with the results I get from shooting with the 645D and proposed me to be featured by Pentax.

Hi Nicolas,

Congratulations. I'm happy that the cooperation is beneficial for both.

More to come soon… : )

I'm hearing gossip about a successor to the 645D model, ... hmmm ;)

Cheers,
Bart

nicolas claris

Hi Nicolas,

Congratulations. I'm happy that the cooperation is beneficial for both.

I'm hearing gossip about a successor to the 645D model, ... hmmm ;)

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks Bart
I can tell that the new model will arrive, but dunno when… However this is not the subject of the more to come… ; )

Michael Nagel

Nicolas,

Congratulations! This is a good thing and maybe you are among the few to test the successor of the 645D before it will be announced.

I started with Pentax >20y ago and despite having different brands on top I will stay with what I have now (K-5 plus a few lenses). This doesn't stop me from complaining sometimes either, but there are two things I like a lot - IQ and usability.

Now I m curious on what's next :)

Best regards,
Michael

Bravo, Nicolas!

I tell you, good fortune is like sausages, it comes all linked together! Yesterday's PTC and today Pentax. What next?

:) You deserve it!
Félicitations!

nicolas claris

Thank you Michael
To translate a French expression, about the "next" 645D you won't pull any worms from my nose… : )
The newt to come is on the opposite direction… but still Pentax : )

nicolas claris

Bravo, Nicolas!

I tell you, good fortune is like sausages, it comes all linked together! Yesterday's PTC and today Pentax. What next?

:) You deserve it!
Félicitations!

A new sausage, will need mustard soon!

Invitation_Watever_Embiricos.jpg

If you can read, you can come ; )

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

Somehow, I failed to actually post my congratulations, having typed it out with due joy and pride for your success. As you know I am so happy that you are being recognized by many organizations and Pentax is most important. You will help them shake up the front runners in the MF race.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Nicolas..a very big ..BIG.. congrats from me. Sorry it is belated; but our wishes for continued success for you are sincere.

Very well deserved.

Warmest regards.

nicolas claris

Nicolas..a very big ..BIG.. congrats from me. Sorry it is belated; but our wishes for continued success for you are sincere.

Very well deserved.

Warmest regards.

Thank you very much Fahim
It's going straight to my heart!
If ever you're traveling to Paris on July 2nd…

nicolas claris

Vernissage!

Dozens of people came to the opening on Tuesday, the gallery was full for 2 hours…
Watever expects your visit every day from 13:30 to 18:30 until next Sunday in the gallery!
Come to watch and buy the images, the film or even postcards! All to the benefit of the NGO Watever.

Shot with a Ricoh GR:

_N000202_1000px.jpg

_N000197_1000px.jpg

_N000196_1000px.jpg

_N000189_1000px.jpg

A new sausage, will need mustard soon!

Invitation_Watever_Embiricos.jpg

If you can read, you can come ; )

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

I'm so proud to see how vibrant and well-received the exposition turned out to be - I expected nothing less! You're work is always superbly crafted and impressive but the Bangladesh series was infused with a special devotion to the people's humanity and worth! That the pictures are excellent and each a treasure to put on one's wall, is a great service to "Whatever" in their efforts to put folk on a path to self-sustainability and comfort. But there's much more. It's the result of a long journey of care, forward thinking, passion for the stellar photographic image and discipline to take few pictures but make them count.

Having a great wife to keep you on the right path and not OPFing 12 hors a day, is also a bonus, LOL!

Asher

Congratulations again, Nicolas. How wonderful! The images are amazing and not only beautiful to look at but to know that they will also benefit the people of Bangladesh, shows that not only are you a fabulous photographer and artist, but a very good hearted and caring human being.

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

I'm so proud to see how vibrant and well-received the exposition turned out to be - I expected nothing less! You're work is always superbly crafted and impressive but the Bangladesh series was infused with a special devotion to the people's humanity and worth! That the pictures are excellent and each a treasure to put on one's wall, is a great service to "Whatever" in their efforts to put folk on a path to self-sustainability and comfort. But there's much more. It's the result of a long journey of care, forward thinking, passion for the stellar photographic image and discipline to take few pictures but make them count.

Having a great wife to keep you on the right path and not OPFing 12 hors a day, is also a bonus, LOL!

Asher

Thank you Asher for the kind words… : -)

As you know I can't anymore OPF 12 hours a day, OPF took me a huge amount of time during the preceeding years, but our economical world is getting tougher and I get an agency to run.
Nonetheless, we still have work on the table to achieve… And as everyone, I'm getting older and need more time resting than before…
Still I keep some time to keep opfers updated about my work and new challenges…

You know what? I guess this year for my annual 2 weeks of holidays in August, I will not be connected to the Internet !!!