• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Under Wraps

Today, I took some pictures of fruit, which is certainly not unusual for me, but this time I tried to do something a little different. I played around with the very think plastic bags that we use to weigh them etc., Had fun experimenting and thought I'd share!

underwraps1.jpg

underwraps2.jpg

underwraps3.jpg

underwraps4.jpg

I hope you like them :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wrapping in plastic is most interesting. It creates a mental barrier between us and the beingvof the fruit.

I have seen nudes wrapped like this and I have experimented with plastic wrap used for foods.

However, having said this, it is still a very original frame of making images and so potentially capable of making pictures that force one to think!

Today, I took some pictures of fruit, which is certainly not unusual for me, but this time I tried to do something a little different. I played around with the very think plastic bags that we use to weigh them etc., Had fun experimenting and thought I'd share!

underwraps1.jpg

underwraps2.jpg

underwraps3.jpg

underwraps4.jpg

I hope you like them :) Maggie

Thanks Asher. I know it's been done before but I've not had much feeling to do much photography lately and I was going to just do fruit and then decided to leave them in their plastic bags and concentrated on making sure we could see the bags clearly as I loved how crinkled yet transparent they looked and the end results. I'm very pleased you liked these.

:) Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Asher. I know it's been done before but I've not had much feeling to do much photography lately and I was going to just do fruit and then decided to leave them in their plastic bags and concentrated on making sure we could see the bags clearly as I loved how crinkled yet transparent they looked and the end results. I'm very pleased you liked these.

:) Maggie

Maggie, no problem about having been done bewfore, so has eating, Mozart and intercourse, but no reason to stop trying to improve on all three, LOL!

underwraps4.jpg

Immediately we do not merely see eating apples, but a plastic bag shaped by two prominent round speheres.

The brain looks that up in its analog library and scrotum with tsticles and breasts in a blouse come to mind. But them we look to confirm but it is not that. Its actually apples in a plastic bag.

We have to go through unlikely possibililities, so as not to be trcked by a marauder in disguise. We look at a bag like this with instincxts honed for millions of years and plastics were not even a twinkle in man's mind in all that time. So we use the archaic skills we have to decipher what's before us.

Get back to our evolution: we're the greaterst trickers and sly deceivers. That's how we hunt, seduce and trick a potential prey, competitor or mate to be where we can overcome it.

If we didint think of alternatives, we would dismiss the waiting lioness shoulders in the grass as the boulder it is mimicking and that branch of the human DNA chain would be ended. Those who could think of hte alternate possibilities get to survive and have offspring.

so your apples in pplastic bags will conjure up in folks minds many different possiblities. Art that does thaat, which is more open ended, is in my opinion, more interesting, fascinating and worthwhile.

So, bless you! I have done it again. My wife says I tend to sexualize everything. But then it is what we are really asupposed to do.

That, after all is the untlimate purpose of putting butter on one's bread!

Asher

Maggie, no problem about having been done bewfore, so has eating, Mozart and intercourse, but no reason to stop trying to improve on all three, LOL!

underwraps4.jpg

Immediately we do not merely see eating apples, but a plastic bag shaped by two prominent round speheres.

The brain looks that up in its analog library and "scrotum with testicles" or "breasts in a blouse" come to mind. But them we look to confirm but it is not that. Its actually apples in a plastic bag.

We have to go through unlikely possibililities, so as not to be trcked by a marauder in disguise. We look at a bag like this with instincts honed for millions of years and plastics were not even a twinkle in man's mind in all that time. So we use the archaic skills we have to decipher what's before us.

Get back to our evolution: we're the greaterst trickers and sly deceivers. That's how we hunt, seduce and trick a potential prey, competitor or mate to be where we can overcome it.

If we didint think of alternatives, we would dismiss the waiting lioness shoulders in the grass as the boulder it is mimicking and that branch of the human DNA chain would be ended. Those who could think of hte alternate possibilities get to survive and have offspring.

so your apples in pplastic bags will conjure up in folks minds many different possiblities. Art that does thaat, which is more open ended, is in my opinion, more interesting, fascinating and worthwhile.

So, bless you! I have done it again. My wife says I tend to sexualize everything. But then it is what we are really asupposed to do.

That, after all is the untlimate purpose of putting butter on one's bread!

Asher

You explain things so well; I need you as my publicist! :-D Thank you :) Maggie

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful idea, very creative. Some look ice bound.

Hi Peter. I think they may look that way because the plastic is so thin. I've done things in ice before but many years ago and had lost them. I've since learned that perhaps I should back up once in a while.. heh!
Glad you like them! :) Maggie