• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Get close..and then a step closer!

fahim mohammed

p3070317140-5.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Fahim,

Some photographers bring us in close by using lenses with surreptitiously long reach and the folk have no idea they are being selected for study!

You, I know like to greet your chosen subjects and treat them as folk you are delighted to meet. It may be a word, a smile or a wave of the hand, but you have announced your presence and they know what is about to happen.

In this case, your intervention, (like a pebble dropped into a still pool), has disturbed their status quo and they react. Two smile shyly, but apoear OK with being photographed. One, buried in the newspaper, just ignores you and one man looks on!

By these natural reactions, we learn of the innocence of the younger women and the detachment of others, knowing you are neither threat nor a likely benefactor either!

Look how much information we have from just one transient set of automatic responses as you press the shutter and then walk on!

A 200 mm lens from across the street would be more stealthy and very different. Perhaps they were all blank faced or maybe, as with most of Robert Watcher’s street shots caught at the height of some expressive interaction! But your way gives this work your own stamp of identity!

Asher