• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Where you headed traveler?

fahim mohammed

asked the voice.

I don't know, says I.

If you don't know your destination, said the voice, you wouldn't know when you have arrived!

If I knew my destination, I replied, I would be a tourist. Not a traveler.

p3197618440-5.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wonderful my good friend!

This is, Fahim, as you well know, the most important and dominant metaphor in all cultures of “life as a journey”.

That is how secondary terms like “diversion”, “bridge”, “obstruction”, “train”, “transport”, “flight”, “limping along”, “dragging one’s feet” and the like build meaning in language development.

With one glance of your picture, we can imagine unending possibikities of our unchartered journeys!

I pray that your paths and experiences on the way will be continue to be transiently satisfying and inspirational!

But I would not wish satisfaction, or perfection anywhere!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Not Haiku but reminds me of that. What a lonely looking place and expressed so well. Could be an illustration like Joel Gardner's for Mickelsson's Ghosts.

fahim mohammed

Asher, James, Peter..you guys are great for spending of your time. Thank you.

Travel! I am heading off very shortly to SE Asia. Love the place. This time the first stop shall be a transit
in Jakarta. On my way to the Bromo volcano crater...if I can make it. At least, I shall go as far up as I can.

Followed by Lombok. The island that experienced a devastating earthquake not long ago. Hopefully I shall get to see how the people have rebuilt and carrying on with their lives.

Ayesha is arriving tonight from a visit to the States and Canada. The snow!!

And shortly after she is headed off to Bhutan. Unfortunately, even the International airport at Thimphu is
a bit high for my continuous stay!

As they say..wherever the road leads!

p3156223733-5.jpg

p3197618442-5.jpg