• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photographic Gems of Our Times From The Web Katrin Koenning: indefinitely.

Jerome Marot

"Indefinitely", a series of pictures from photographer Katrin Koenning:

Indefinitely is a long-term work about love and an attempt at undoing distance. The work is about space created by migration, and the notion that this space is not a vacuum or a void, but rather the creator of new narratives: a space of the imaginary.

I suggest that you check the series directly on her web site. The interest also arises from the series, the way the pictures flow and posting a sample here would not do justice to the project.

http://www.katrinkoenning.com/work/Indefinitely.html

While you are at it, you may also want to read the following articles about Katrin Koenning:
http://cphmag.com/conv-koenning/
http://photothunk.blogspot.de/2017/02/crit-katrin-koenning-indefinitely.html

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jerome,

Thanks again for opening our eyes to great art.

While we expect and assume that art must be born from some passion, Katrin's work is from a lifetime of commitment seems to be from a lifelong search to close the gap between "self" and "loss of contact". The subject itself must have evolved and its core conceptualization must have evolved and grown as a living thing as she did, so she had been collaborating with an invisible entity within her that had its own demands, questions and character.

So out of this I perhaps am learning something new about art: authenticity, how it might come about and how it works as an inner compass for Katrin's photographic art.

I think I have it right, but I must visit more and reflect. In any case, I heartily recommend that everyone reads about this extraordinary photographer, Katrin Koenning.

Asher

Jerome Marot

While we expect and assume that art must be born from some passion, Katrin's work is from a lifetime of commitment seems to be from a lifelong search to close the gap between "self" and "loss of contact". The subject itself must have evolved and its core conceptualization must have evolved and grown as a living thing as she did, so she had been collaborating with an invisible entity within her that had its own demands, questions and character.

I don't understand what you mean.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I don't understand what you mean.

Jerome.

She has a poignant personal history. The death of Tobias was her "Paul of Tarsus" moment that affected her feelings for the rest of her life.

That loss and subsequent challenges set up a way of thinking that itself became a strong influence, so much so, that it was akin to having a constant companion calling on her to deal with, gaps, separation and loss.

That is simply one point of view and not meant to be some universally true account.

Asher