• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fuji GFX Camera "Dogs of the hood" Add your favorites!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have gotten to like dogs more as my kids have gotten them as additions to their lives! A lot of walks, love and companionship!

Here are some pictures of dogs I saw today just going from the garage on Beverly Drive to pick up a salad lunchtime.

One can see that even busy folk have a dog and kids stop to play.

_DSF2525 copy copy.jpg

_DSF2555_900.jpg

_DSF2536_900.jpg

_DSF2534-900.jpg

Asher Kelman: Dogs of the hood

Beverly Hills California 2018
Fuji GFX 32-64 mm
Camera jpg
Photoshopping CC 2018

The lady with the flashy guy poodle is a fashionista who designs high end woman's accessories. I have her card!

Now please add your own happy muts from your neighborhoods!

Asher

Last edited:

James Lemon

Dogs from different neighborhoods. We poop and it is your job to clean it up. Make no mistake about them under the right circumstances your dog will eat you.

i-gdVTVhq-L.jpg

i-2Jwf4Jv-L.jpg

i-SVdQKfL-L.jpg

i-vBC8dH5-L.jpg

i-Hzh4MPh-L.jpg

i-44jpGR4-L.jpg

Antonio Correia

Dogs from different neighborhoods. We poop and it is your job to clean it up. Make no mistake about them under the right circumstances your dog will eat you.

i-gdVTVhq-S.jpg
i-2Jwf4Jv-S.jpg
...​

You made me laugh James ! Your photos are excellent James !

Here is a dog from a very different neighborhood (again) India.

i-Hmv62cH-XL.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Once in awhile it happens that I can take some days for resting and… travelling!
We were staying in an Peloponnesian hotel which was built on a hill, the terrace in front of the hotel ended with a tall wall from which we could watch the view and the gardens down below.
From there I could see this dog who had a quiet nap during that (very) hot day.
The only camera was my iPhone 4 (known to have no good qualities for photos)… But I had no choice, I even had to zoom to get the dog into the frame. In a way, it gives an interesting effect…

First some shots, then the "dog seen from above"

dog.jpg

Dog_IMG_1830.jpg

Asher Kelman

i-gdVTVhq-L.jpg

i-2Jwf4Jv-L.jpg

i-SVdQKfL-L.jpg

i-vBC8dH5-L.jpg

i-Hzh4MPh-L.jpg

i-44jpGR4-L.jpg

James,

You have a totally "equal opportunity" selection of dogs. If you were running as a political candidate, everyone would vote for you as you would represent all strata in society, and no one would be left out, or ignored!

Asher

Asher Kelman

It's impressive how dogs are always seeking out new friends. They just have a good sniff, "Oh yes, I remember you from that party last Christmas! You really were loaded!"

The little one's have no concept that they are not hte same size as the dogs ten times heavier!

_DSF3180_Two dogs in Park_900.jpg

Asher Kelman: Checking each other Out

Fuji GFX 32-64 mm
32mm 1/125 sec f22 ISO 1600
Photoshop CC 2018 from RAW

Asher

Antonio Correia

It's impressive how dogs are always seeking out new friends. They just have a good sniff, "Oh yes, I remember you from that party last Christmas! You really were loaded!"
The little one's have no concept that they are not hte same size as the dogs ten times heavier!
_DSF3180_Two dogs in Park_900.jpg

Asher Kelman: Checking each other Out
Fuji GFX 32-64 mm
32mm 1/125 sec f22 ISO 1600
Photoshop CC 2018 from RAW

Asher

This is the photo I like best taken with this camera, so far !

Asher Kelman

This is the photo I like best taken with this camera, so far !

Wow, that is a wonderful remark! I will take that as the divine truth!

Turns out, Antonio, that with the parallel patterns of the background agapantha plants and the parallel lines in the gras, it is an unbeleivable challenge to show the two dogs in color sitinctly from the b.g.

I almost was going to present them in B&W, as there, by cleave mapping of hues, one can minimize the importance of the plants.

I realize now that long haired dogs are best photographed on continuosi backgrounds.

BTW, the opposite works as well. In photographing elderly ladies who have earned their wrinkles to their wrinkles, a dress with texture and a straw hat helps suppress the noticeability of the wrinkles without any photoshop work!

But with the dogs, the same thing makes the fellows much harder to visualize! I realize now that, from the survival of the dogs is a good thing as its part of their camouflage!

Asher