• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Colors in the background.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Roger,

Olympus has always made fabulous lenses, and this one is a good example.

Here I do like the colored globes produced in the OOF b.g. I would caution against using that lid to elevate the closest object in your composition, unless that is essential to the meaning of the picture, in some way. Right now, it calls attention to itself as a prop.

I would love to see more tests with flowers! Then it's just a matter of dropping your shooting height and checking for the right illumination of the b.g.

Asher

Roger Lund

Roger,

Olympus has always made fabulous lenses, and this one is a good example.

Here I do like the colored globes produced in the OOF b.g. I would caution against using that lid to elevate the closest object in your composition, unless that is essential to the meaning of the picture, in some way. Right now, it calls attention to itself as a prop.

I would love to see more tests with flowers! Then it's just a matter of dropping your shooting height and checking for the right illumination of the b.g.

Asher

I've been working on close up shots behind my work space in the winter here in MN. The lens cap allows the marble to not roll off the old leica book. :0)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I've been working on close up shots behind my work space in the winter here in MN. The lens cap allows the marble to not roll off the old leica book. :0)

Somehow, hide the cap, LOL!

If one is doing a giant 24"x30" Polaroid shoot, (if you are fortunate to have access to such bespoke materials), then by all means include props such as lights booms etc in the frame. It does seem to work then.

However, here the beauty is in the bokeh. Find a way of getting around the cap. You can use a small tob of some kind and then delete it in photoshop.

Now that would be fabulous.

These backgrounds never fail to provide me with enjoyment. The thing is not to distract from that!

Asher