• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cross the line (point of view)

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

one of my favorite places to make photos is a museum or an exhibition. Not mainly to document the objects but the interferences visitors-exhibition-interior-architecture.

This is part of a series done at Wienmuseum (Vienna) during the actual exhibtion dedicated to Robert Haas, a famous photographer.
His personal life was written on orange-red informationboards running through the first two halls.
In combination with the well polished old surface of the floor "crossing the line" makes the world upside down in a very special way ...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, Wolfgang,

You have hit on something that fascinates me too, the behavior of folk in exhibitions.

32084028413_55b50a74d4_b.jpg

The reflections in the polished floor support your story very well. I would have enjoyed your photographic essay even without the words, but your generous sharing of a commentary makes our visit so much more sympathetic with your own personal experience. Instead of merely looking through a window at what you saw, we get to walk with you with your arm sound our shoulders, sharing it all with us!

Asher