• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Untitled VI

...everything we do as a photographer has already been done before in the form of art, kitsch or vernacular. So what's the point of trying to do it for ourselves?

As a photographer we might not find an answer to this question, as an artist the answer is obvious.

The insight that 'nothing exists twice', hence as humans we are all individual, hence we all perceive things different, and herein lies a beauty of concept and universal truth that in itself is motivation. I am never concerned about the fact that this has been photographed before, as no one saw it the way I see it.

While the furniture shop china product was strikingly similar to your work, it can not degrade your work, however, if the intention is to produce for a high priced exclusive art market, and here we are entering the commerce/art territory, then it is a different matter, and yes, your work would immediately be degraded.

If you analyze classical music professionally, you will quickly find out who stole from who, and at some stage you will find, they all stole from each other. LOL

On a different level, personally, I am not concerned on what others think or say about my work, ever! While I appreciate comments and reactions, I see them as what they are, perceptions of my work, as such they can neither be judged nor interpreted by me, they stand on their own and for the merit of the observer. My work however, will not change because of comments or perceptions others share with me. My work changes because I chose to change it.

If the whole world would tell me my work is crap, this would not change a sausage for me, really not. You would still find me the next day out here with my camera, or if I do not have a camera with me, shooting on 'Neuro-Chromix' all the time. Photography is part of my life, it is part of what I am. There is not a single day in my life where I would not have photography in one way or the other being part of my day, but I never found myself trying to imitate a famous photographer. Why would I, because he is famous? Or perhaps because 'old school thinking' tells you to imitate masters to the point of perfection to become better yourself. LOL

I do not think I ever tried to copy a photograph in any form at all, the concept itself is so deeply boring to me, I could not be bothered.

As an artist you breath it with every breath you take, you live it, it is engraved in your very soul, whatever you do, it is with you.

What is it?

Empathy, compassion, happiness.

Well, if you could morph the can of beans as if it is melting and add an elephant on tall legs of a bird to one side, we may be talking about something really interesting.

What's wrong?

f33066_col.jpg

Hi
thanks
I had this idea since the very moment I read your reply to Georg...
It took me a few days to achieve it as I had a couple of other projects to finish...
unfortunately there is no Dali filter available with my version... :)

Cem_Usakligil

Hi
thanks
I had this idea since the very moment I read your reply to Georg...
It took me a few days to achieve it as I had a couple of other projects to finish...
unfortunately there is no Dali filter available with my version... :)
Lovely! For those who may not have followed what this is all about, I have made indirect references to two famous works of Salvador Dali:
1) The Persistence of Memory
2) The Temptation of St. Anthony
Because the scene depicted in my picture is (to my mind) reminiscent of the backgrounds Dali used to places his subjects in. I think that is also what must have triggered Georg to fuse Warhol and Dali onto this background.

PS: What do you reckon? Should we try to create a a Dali filter (64-bits for both W7 and OSX)? Lol!

Cheers,