• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

wave.4.8000

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Now I have another headache from that song. There are small pleasures from not being young. That's one of them.
As for the whiskey, I've had more than my share of headaches from that stuff. Once again, I leave those pleasures to the young.
Your metaphor mix reminds me of a great recipe for chocolate mud cake. As they say, he who hesitates gathers no moss.
Another sleep, another dream.

_DSC8039 by tom.dinning, on Flickr

Cheers
Tom

Mark Hampton

Now I have another headache from that song. There are small pleasures from not being young. That's one of them.
As for the whiskey, I've had more than my share of headaches from that stuff. Once again, I leave those pleasures to the young.
Your metaphor mix reminds me of a great recipe for chocolate mud cake. As they say, he who hesitates gathers no moss.
Another sleep, another dream.

_DSC8039 by tom.dinning, on Flickr

Cheers
Tom

Tom, i seem to be a head pain.

this may help -

20120520_0572.jpg

Boy.Boy - Deka

Alexander @ the DCA in Dundee - Scott Myles: This Production exhibition.

cheers

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tom, i seem to be a head pain.

this may help -

20120520_0572.jpg

Boy.Boy - Deka

Now this is worth filling a glass with Bordeaux! It's metaphorical and clever. The jaggies on the wall complement the spikes in the lad's hair. Mark, who is Alexander? Tell us more about the exhibit and that cute chap.

Asher

Mark Hampton

20120520_0572.jpg

Boy.Boy - Deka

Now this is worth filling a glass with Bordeaux! It's metaphorical and clever. The jaggies on the wall complement the spikes in the lad's hair. Mark, who is Alexander? Tell us more about the exhibit and that cute chap.

Asher

Asher,

went to Scott Miles exhibition with my son this afternoon -

here is a link to the venue / show /artist

it's a snap that illustrates some of the ideas in wave. I am glad it makes you want to drink wine !

turns Asher to wine and gives Tom head aches. I like this thread :)

Tom what type of building did you make those images of?

Jarmo Juntunen

Well, I have to say I'm getting the same headache Tom did from this thread. But l love the wave pictures! (and I just adore Ardbeg!).

But what really got me speechless is your Boy.Boy. What a fantastic picture!

Mark Hampton

the next in the wave work series. working with the same ideas - different place and time.

stack1cropeedweb.jpg

Wave.4.800 - Deka

16 works - 8 data samples of waves @ 1/8,000s - each image contains the data from 4 exposures.

this data is then manipulated to make an image that is as close to remembering a dream as I can.
the tantalising nature of trying to remember a dream whilst awake seems to me to be a physical sensation - wave-like eletric

and a couple closer in.

1waves1.jpg

1waves1b.jpg

thanks for looking in.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
stack1cropeedweb.jpg

Mark Hampton: Wave.4.800 - Deka

16 works - 8 data samples of waves @ 1/8,000s - each image contains the data from 4 exposures. this data, is then manipulated to make an image that is as close
to remembering a dream as I can. the tantalising nature of trying to remember a dream whilst awake seems to me to be a physical sensation - wave-like eletric"

Is this "eletric" a word you have coined like deka? Is it from eclectic or electric, both or just a typo you seem to do by habit?

Asher

Mark Hampton

stack1cropeedweb.jpg

Mark Hampton: Wave.4.800 - Deka

16 works - 8 data samples of waves @ 1/8,000s - each image contains the data from 4 exposures. this data, is then manipulated to make an image that is as close
to remembering a dream as I can. the tantalising nature of trying to remember a dream whilst awake seems to me to be a physical sensation - wave-like eletric"

Is this "eletric" a word you have coined like deka? Is it from eclectic or electric, both or just a typo you seem to do by habit?

Asher

Asher thanks for the spelling update ! I guess it would have been electric - good spot !

i am dis lexic so miss things.

cheers