• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shattered II "Reticulated Vase"

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Ivan,

Your comments are appreciated. One must not dig up an olive tree to inspect the roots every day or the tree will die!

I'm working on the next pictures!

Asher

Here's a further image in this series: putting the clock back a second!

Asher, this third image is by far my favourite. You capture an almost glamorous bit of tragedy, and the (at first non-obvious) detail of the rose falling into the water makes it an exceptionally strong and interesting image - I would never have thought of doing something original like that. And (not knowing how many "takes" it took!) I can only praise the excellent timing. If you used your 1D at 8FPS, this would be easier to capture "by chance", but this is really well done.

Your image is quite contrasty - very stark blacks and whites! It does make the overall impression very striking though, and the slightly warm temperature also works very well. The image has an odd (in a very good way, a very good "odd") feeling to it - I can't quite describe it, but that, methinks, is what makes it so great.

I have to agree that your copyright text over the image greatly detracts from it - criminally so! May I also suggest discreetly in a corner?

Well done sir, I am humbled.

Asher Kelman

Thanks Dawid!

I value you remarks.

Since I knew I was going to drop the flower, I was ready at 8 frames per second. It took many atttempts and a lot of clean up in between. I knew what I wanted and just had to get it right. The major thing was to get the work done before my spouse returned to see insult added to injury!

Bad enough the vase was shattered!

The name where it is distracting. however, I wanted to share yet I have an issue with my work that is part of a collection to be copied easily. Other pictures for sure, the name id out of the way. It really speaks to a certain paranoia, I expect!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Boost!

I just enjoy this older work! The first in the series is here. Check it out! I must do more! However it does require something to be smashed. However, I do not want to wish for that as one should not wish for what one wants it one might get it and not like what one gets!

Asher