• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sands of a feather

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher, I did not mean to imply that either -- I only figured I was indeed re-stating the obvious to this board, possibly to the point of boredom! (PS: We really do need active smiley's here :) )

Cheers,

I hope I was not too reactive! :)

Dawid,

You have an eye for finding these interesting objects on the beach. I like your observing, finding and bring this to us. For nature photography, one shouldn't disturb the flowers and birds so as not to ruin it for them or those that follow. Here, you have the freedom to bring found objects home.

Yes, this is not what you saw, but you now will have a new possibility to experiment with light in the early moring and at night and discover a whole universe of fine work.

Some of the greatest painters and photographers returned time and again to favorite subjects to reinterpret them in different light or with nuanced finality.

Thanks for bringing us part of your vision.

Asher

Thank you Asher. This thread was useful to me in reiterating that the craft part of making art is so very important, and that I have to pay ever closer attention to it (don't we all?)

Where possible, I will go back to the same subjects again and again. However, I am afraid that bringing an object like this back with me is just not my style - if I could not capture it in-situ with sufficient capability, I shall have to try better next time :) Therein lies the magic of the moment.

I guess this is why I'll never be able to be a studio photographer. I shall continue to post interesting interesting things here now and then, usually in more "appropriate" forums. The discussions which ensued in this forum, however, have been very interesting and thoughtful - thank you all!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Dawid,

Art is about storing your passion in a physical work. You must work where that feeling is present.

I know you'll bring us more!

Asher