• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Memory

Like Cem, i have some pictures which haunt me... I keep them apart, because i want to take time to work them... Sometimes i forget them, but sometimes i finally success to express the original feeling or idea i have got when i made the shot.

This one is a good example. It is a torn poster on a wall, maybe for death metal band or something like that... i remember that when i went to this poster, walking on the pavement, my eyes had been catched by these horrible skulls as i was very close to the wall. I tried to reproduce this sensation using a very close focus with a great aperture (f1.8), standing on the side of the wall, to get a very slight deep of field and this weird tunnel effect. Visual impact was very strong and i kept it like that.

After some weeks and some trials, i decided to work this picture in B&W, as what counts are ideas identified by the skulls and general feeling of sadness and malaise. I understood that for the beginning this picture evokes in my mind memories of past human cruelties like genocids and wars. So i called it "Memory" :

639261d9fc949beff358cb4f6b72de5.jpg

"Memory" - Cedric Massoulier

Nikon D700 & AF-D 1.8/50
RAW file processed in Capture One Pro and Photoshop CS3

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cedric,

Another one to like and think about. Could you also post one at 3/4 of the size to get more white space around it so we can see it on a background as if it was on a wall?

Thanks,

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cedric,

My first impression is, I like it. The only remark I have right now is that maybe you can tone down the brightness of the white vertical band on the left just a little bit. My eye keeps on hanging there, as if it acts like a threshold. Let me have some time to come back with a second opinion.

Cheers,