• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Muse Visits! Presence: Woman with a Yellow-Green Scarf

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher

For me the art is in the triptych
There seems to be a very real connection between Photographer and the model-
There are sweet secrets here- unknown -a mystery for us perhaps- It has such a tantalizing euphoric effect- I kept coming back to look at them!
nice job-

Charlotte-

Charlotte,

I'm so glad this set resonates with you as well. For me, this is very personal work and it's satisfying that it works with you as well.

Thanks for dropping by.

Asher

Mark Hampton

_MG_9881_2_3_Triptych finger_end_1000pxl.jpg

Asher Kelman: Triptych Girl With Yellow-Green Scarf #1

Natural Time

I then thought of how the picture might be read differently by changing the order of shots:

_MG_9881_2_3_Triptych_FingerCenter1000pxl.jpg

Asher Kelman: Triptych Girl With Yellow-Green Scarf #2

Twisted Time

So I'd love to know how you like these and hope you do have opinions on how order might make a difference in the reading of the pictures.

Asher :)

Asher - I have enjoyed these - playing with the sequence does allow different readings as you point out - the idea of not including the eyes - is rich idea - that artist have explored.

472px-Piero_della_Francesca_-_Cupid_Blindfolded_-_WGA17587.jpg

Piero della Francesca - Cupid Blindfolded​

the denial of contact between the subject and the viewer give us a space to play into - when the eyes are covered we move around the other key points in the face - but we will keep coming back to the where they should be.

when i Read one of the images i move to where the eyes would be and find only the scarf - it is not a black mask - or a sleeping mask - the choice of fabric - it colour (its not black) - point to something that is sexually ambiguous. by this I mean it does not appear to an image from a part of a sex game.

in these type of images there is a trust built between the maker and the subject - when you cannot see you can be attacked more easily. this can be read as intimate.

making the 3 images into a panel type work works for me on some levels - i like Repetition and subtle changes between things - i am not sure that there is enough in this case. It may be that I just want more images.

I am still not sure about the lack of space in-between images and also the gesture. I think i would also look at the saturation on these - pop a yellow B&W and play with the opacity - there are beautiful tones in these images - that if you want to you could exploit.

i am looking forward to more of this work.

cheers

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher - I have enjoyed these - playing with the sequence does allow different readings as you point out - the idea of not including the eyes - is rich idea - that artist have explored.

472px-Piero_della_Francesca_-_Cupid_Blindfolded_-_WGA17587.jpg

Piero della Francesca - Cupid Blindfolded​

the denial of contact between the subject and the viewer give us a space to play into - when the eyes are covered we move around the other key points in the face - but we will keep coming back to the where they should be.

Thanks for researching this motif. I realize that there's some evidence of great comfort, trust and even intimacy when a woman is comfortable being blindfolded and so close. Hmm, was it my idea? I'll have to ask her!!

when i Read one of the images i move to where the eyes would be and find only the scarf - it is not a black mask - or a sleeping mask - the choice of fabric - it colour (its not black) - point to something that is sexually ambiguous. by this I mean it does not appear to an image from a part of a sex game.

in these type of images there is a trust built between the maker and the subject - when you cannot see you can be attacked more easily. this can be read as intimate.

making the 3 images into a panel type work works for me on some levels - i like Repetition and subtle changes between things - i am not sure that there is enough in this case. It may be that I just want more images.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking.

I am still not sure about the lack of space in-between images and also the gesture. I think i would also look at the saturation on these - pop a yellow B&W and play with the opacity - there are beautiful tones in these images - that if you want to you could exploit.

Yes, I've only scratched the surface.

i am looking forward to more of this work.

cheers

Thanks for the feedback and support.

Asher

Mark Hampton

Thanks for researching this motif. I realize that there's some evidence of great comfort, trust and even intimacy when a woman is comfortable being blindfolded and so close. Hmm, was it my idea? I'll have to ask her!!

Asher

Asher,

cupid seen often blindfolded.

it is a rich motif to explore.

cheers