• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Two Souls Last Winter

Charlotte Thompson

Some of my first candids-I started out with a Sony cyber-shot didnt know much about ps either
but I knew what I wanted to show- love- strength and beauty-

FatHeadandAngel-1.jpg

LouisandClaudia.jpg

Andy brown

Charlotte, well done.
Beautiful images.
I feel like saying lots and using a few superlatives but I should shut up, the photos speak volumes.

To use the photographer's parlance of the ages.."Lovely"

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
FatHeadandAngel-1.jpg

Hi Charlotte,

Let's consider the first image as it has the most impact. I find the relationship real and tender. The looks on their faces are so endearing.

• If you have Photoshop CS2 or higher, consider use highlight/ shadow tool to lighten his head a micro-tad with a local selection including her too. Or else use the dodge tool, but what you stroke is accumulative. Use only 1-2% and a large brush with a feathered edge. If you have a problem with that, do the latter with the levels or better a curve.
  • The next point, if you'll allow is so important. It concerns the second image; it looks more staged, downgrading believability of both. Now what we do perceive, in the first image, a sincere and tender moment. It involves much trust. We don't want that undermined in anyway.
  • A third point; composition. She is such a little tot compared to the other soul! Consider allowing us to see more of here and a little more black space on the left. She should end up stronger.
Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Andy

thank you- these first shots are so very special for me
it's when I just began - thank you!

Charlotte-

Asher

both shots are real- nothing planned-
and
while I have learned so much in OPF
like I told Andy
these shots were part of my birthing
and to change them I can't do-
I just couldn't- thank you so very much- as always-

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Andy

thank you- these first shots are so very special for me
it's when I just began - thank you!

Charlotte-

Asher

both shots are real- nothing planned-
and
while I have learned so much in OPF
like I told Andy
these shots were part of my birthing
and to change them I can't do-
I just couldn't- thank you so very much- as always-

Charlotte-

So these are historical and not for working on? If that's so, they are indeed special. Just say "no edits planned" for sentiment only! In Riskit!, otherwise, these are your projects than can be and should be worked on! :)

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

crit is knowing something you didnt know before-
when you said this and That- which always is so appreciated for me- I just looked at the shots and said no
thank you my good friend! always-

Charlotte-