• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Expression in Photography Series by Charlotte Thompson

Charlotte Thompson

Doug

LOL well he is still very handsome but looks like you a bit-very cool shot!!

A New Distortion-

"Waiting for Warmth"

DSC_0322-1-1.jpg

doug anderson

I like this one too. I don't get the drug associations from these images: I see a lot of formal coherence within the innovation -- one the hardest things to do artistically. Look at how much formal skill is involved in Midsummer Night's Dream. Sure the dream is there, but so is the whole gestalt that holds it together.

Charlotte Thompson

Doug

yes this is a new innovation for me- and you are right this doesn't have anything to do with drugs at all. I think you need to read my response to Ken's crit may be that is why you got confused"
your idea of dream like is spot on as if "Life is a Distortion of what we really think it is" is another way of explanation into the series- and thank you for seeing into this so totally it makes the idea want to grow and endure-for ome reason it makes me think of Alice in Wonderland"

Charlotte-

Inside the Abstract Dream Cat of Alice

DSC_0331-1.jpg

DSC_0333-1.jpg

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Charlotte,
I have to admit that the last few images didn't do much for me. However, and I say that as a big "however!" I really like what you've done with "Waiting for Warmth".
Some of the other other images were (to me) a bit too distorted. The "warmth" image is nicely done. There's an surrealistic effect, but it still allows the base image to shine.
I think you're on to something here!
Well done!

Charlotte Thompson

John

yes the last 2 are very abstract indeed- I needed to test the waters abit-go out on a limb and I must confess "Waiting for Warmth" is what I want to achieve in other pictures
thank you for your crit-I admire your work and I do appreciate what you have say-

My Cruel Tiger-

DSC_0331-2.jpg

John Angulat

pro member
Hey you,
Thanks for being in my corner!
Are you using Photoshop for the"after effects"?
If so, there's a book series by Tim Shelbourne (mostly), O'Reilly Press called Photoshop Cookbooks.
I have them, and although not all of the techniques are to my liking, all are intriguing. They might make for further inspiration.

Photoshop Digital Studio Cookbooks From O'Reilly

Photoshop is the digital artist and photographer's premier choice for editing and manipulating digital photos. And with the mounting interest in digital photography, the demand for practical guidance, expert techniques, tips and solutions — recipes for success if you will — continues to grow. It's exactly all of this and more that O'Reilly delivers in its beautifully designed and visually stunning new series, the "Photoshop Digital Studio Cookbooks."

Packed with hundreds of full color images, inspiring digital imagery, and authoritative information and advice, the books provide everything the reader needs to retouch, create effects, use blending modes, and filter effects, with professional results. With the books in this collection, the digital artist or photographer doesn't need to be a Photoshop expert to succeed. The "Photoshop Digital Studio Cookbook Series" includes the following:

Photoshop Retouching Cookbook for Digital Photographers (Amazon.com - save 34%)
Photoshop Photo Effects Cookbook (Amazon.com - save 34%)
Photoshop Filter Effects Encyclopedia Cookbook (Amazon.com - save 34%)
Photoshop Blending Modes Cookbook (Amazon.com - save 34%)
Photoshop Fine Art Effects Cookbook (Amazon.com - save 34%)

Charlotte Thompson

Hi John

yes actually am working back and forth on 2 different kinds of ps for this kind of work-
it's amazing how creative you can be
yet I have just opened the door!
Thanks for all the info on ps Cookboks
I am going to check them out and see which best fits me
some more learning tools-love it! thanks again, that is kind of you*

Charlotte-

Peter Pan's Wings

DSC_0067-1.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Bill

ahahaaa- well my friend the world is a trip!! no I attended Bellaire hgih school in Houston before that Catholic Schools and then Sam Houston in Huntsville
a party college for hippies- actually studied debate for a while but mostly art-
CAN YOU TELL???????????
thanks for the laugh!

Charlotte-

Charlotte Thompson

Birthday Party Candids

the light was horrible-over head and large but I managed to try to save the best
of
what I could!

Ginny The Manager-

DSC_0021-3.jpg

Girl Talk-

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Other People-

DSC_0019-1.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

The Neon Birthday Boy

Transparency Overlay to go with the rest of the party children-thought the birthday boy should
stand out! comments welcome-

birthday1.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

An Easter in Softness

the shot reminds me of Easter and all its soft color- of course ps work-

for crit but for art or maybe fun- all comments welcome-
Charlotte-

DSC_0012-2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Charlotte,

I wish there was more. The strongest part and most interesting is in the right lower corner.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

A Smother in Death

I am continuing to work with my horror auther in Denmark for a new series of horror short stories to come out after or late Summer

I have really struggled with the images of horror in overlay but I am beginning to understand the idea of it-
here are some -

I haven't sent the first 2 but the third he saved for the series-he likes -it may fit for the stories-
critque and comments are very welcome-

Charlotte-

Collages32.jpg

charlottesWeb4.jpg

eyes2.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

new portrait

This is an overlay of Chad who is my son- I really like Krumins work and tried to capture the "shadow effect" dark beautiful he does
of course there is my style inside this work as well-I love the idea of dark portraits rather than color or bandw traditional-for me it gives another dimension to the shot and person in the shot-
comments and crits are welcome-

parker.jpg

Rachel Foster

Charlotte, as you know, this genre is not "my" sort of thing, but I'm impressed with you you've developed it and "owned" it. It's extremely creative and I can't think of any I've seen done better.

Charlotte Thompson

Rachel

thank you so much for coming by and your friendship-
thank you
as you know I love the "other" creative way to show
always an experiment with me
always a challenge and study-

Charlotte-

Charlotte Thompson

darkly so

another overlay done in the manner of the portrait above-
I am looking at a series of portraits with just these precise procedures in overlay
shadow work and compositions/subjects
crits and comments are very welcome

Charlotte-

Desktop4.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Up to Something

Just some candids before bedtime- she certainly had something in mind
was fun to catch-
comments are welcome
thanks

Charlotte-

DSC_0110-1.jpg